“Way over priced....:-/”

Baymont Inn & Suites Highland
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Highland
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

For a town as small as highland they want over 135$ a night! And that was our discount for having our wedding party stay there!!!! All it was, was a place to lay our heads after the wedding and the price was outrageous. You can rent a hotel in downtown st Louis for that price....at least there we would get a room with a view.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while attending a wedding in town. Not too many other reasons to be in Highland, Illinois. The hotel isn't bad. It seemed clean, with the exception of the overflowing garbage can outside the main entrance. Trash was blowing and rolling around the parking lot. Once inside, it was pretty standard for a Holiday Inn Express. One issue we had was a slow drain in the tub so some of us had to stand in others' water while showering. We didn't have time to ask for a new room. I left a note for the staff. Our big disappointment was with the hot breakfast. We've had these types of breakfasts all over. This was below average. The scrambled eggs may have been some kind of non-egg substitute product. Appearance, texture, and taste were too odd to finish. Bacon was cooked beyond recognition. Coffee may have been made from instant powder. So it's a free breakfast. Still disappointing. Overall a just okay hotel stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank ArchitectureGirl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear ArchitectureGirl,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Highland as your hotel preference. We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We are always happy to provide a consistently clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guest to stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. It is my regret you encountered issues with your room accommodation. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel experience with regard to room allocation and the quality of breakfast. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations.

Your comments enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We any opportunity to improve.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 1, 2012

it is a very nice place. very nice clean rooms. nice big airy bldg. now the buts. no refrigerators in the room. had to go to first floor for ice. nice pool area, but no hot tub. could use some more tv stations. theres a resturant directly across from hotel. register on the internet and get $5.00 off on a meal and maybe other discounts. theres other fast food places nearby and a wal -mart down the street and other smaller shopping stores. theres not a whole lot of parking if you get there late. seems managable though. when you come up the driveway theres a lip at the end. if you have a longer vehicle. it could hit the lip. most everyone had no issue but the limo's just be aware of it. the front desk very helpful. was a good value for the money. nice breakfeast. nothing like a reastaurant. but satisfied me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank armydriver
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend while I was attending a wedding. There are not many options in the area and this was a great choice. Our room was clean and the staff were great. I needed a safety pin and they found one for me! The breakfast was great! There were many HOT food items! This was unexpected! The hotel is also in a great location. We were able to go to St. Louis for dinner one night, the hotel is about 40mins away for the city. It was worth the price! The only problem was that the picture on the tv was a little fuzzy. Overall, great!

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a smoking room on a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie N
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stopped at this hotel after a long drive from Tulsa, Oklahoma. It's about five miles off of route 70, but it is worth the short drive. We missed it the first time through town; it is behind a Dairy Queen so watch for the Dairy Queen sign and you'll find it easily. At check-in I asked for a room near to a door so we wouldn't have to carry our luggage (and dog beds, etc) very far. Our room was right next to the door to the parking lot which is next to a big plowed field. The room was airy and clean - it seems to be a fairly new hotel. Although we didn't take advantage of the free breakfast, it looked pretty good.

Room Tip: Our room, at the far end of the hotel, was perfect for traveling with dogs. There wasn't a lo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RIki S
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The Wife and I arrived late on a Friday night and stayed until Sunday morning. The hotel was as expected, based on stays at other HIE locations. The facilities and room were clean and neat. The only complaint was the sausage gravy in the breakfast bar was runny. Otherwise, we were very happy with our stay here and will stay again if back in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheTFamily04
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I sometimes travel alone and worry about saftey. From the moment I walked in I felt secured in everyway possible. Front desk on hand 24 hours a day and anything I needed they gave me. I sleep with a fan running and went off and forgot mine. Front desk was gracious enough to locate one I could use. I stayed 3 days and housekeeping made my room up everyday. Even supplied me with extra coffee and towels! Breakfast was out of this world! The cinnamon rools were hot and fresh along with eggs, biscuits and gravy. Internet was readily available each time I was in need of it. If I ever get back to Highland, I will be sure to stay here!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Baymont17871
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 11 in Collinsville
Best Western Plus Mascoutah/SAFB

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Highland? Share your experiences!