Niyama Private Islands Maldives
StRegis.com
$349
$120
  • Breakfast included
Angsana Velavaru(Haa Dhaalu Atoll)
$360
$335
  • Breakfast included
Sun Aqua Vilu Reef(Dhaalu Atoll)
$520
  • Beachfront
$1,135
  • Breakfast included
Filitheyo Island Resort(Filitheyo Island)
$128
$315
  • Beachfront
Medhufushi Island Resort(Medhufushi Island)
$330
$165
  • Pool
Zoza Relax In(Kudahuvadhoo Island)
1,185 results
All reviewschillikids clubbeach studioour honeymoonprivate poolfishgames roomice creamwater villaour favouritespecial thankssea planepersonal butlerbeach barsunset cruisefine diningthe resort manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went there for our honeymoon a few weeks ago - exceeded all expectations. Location, accomodation, food and service was amazing. The activites/cruises was a little pricey and underwater club (subsix) a little underwhelming. However these are relatively minor complaints. 5 stars through and through.

Room Tip: Deluxe beach villa (if you dont mind insects). Otherwise deluxe water villa
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DerekAk
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We are staying at Niyama now and wow it is just fantastic! This is our 8th time to the Maldives and we find this hotel to be very fresh (it is new) with loads of funky items! Huge villa with equally massive outdoor bathroom! The water out of all the islands we have been to IS THE PRETTIEST, very aqua! The staff are, as always in the Maldives very nice! If you are looking for high end luxury complete with little added extras then Niyama is for you!! Loving it!!!!

Room Tip: There are overwater villas or on land both are great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank KittyCat22
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Finally a place that lives up to the photos- amazing turquoise water, incredible location, beautiful beach villas with private pool .Stayed first week of Sept some rain but this only added to scenic dramas. Beautiful weather most of the time, best thing was definitely the staff who are all amazing. Food at Tribal and Edge restaurants are great. Boat ride under the stars to Edge and underwater night club are so special. Heaps of of other fun things to do like sunset cruises, snorkelling, water massage and Lime spa etc. Thanks to Brian, Muze, Rushdee, Sabi, the guy at breakfast who orgnanised a special smoothie for me everyday and all the little touches to make our stay so great!- Martin and Sandee.

Room Tip: beach villas with private pool are more private than over water bungalows.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Martin S
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just came back from our holiday.For Niyama, I realy have some to say:
Room facility: Fantastic~! They have indivitual pool for each villa. Cleaned before each stay. They have ice cream for each stay with unlimited drinking water. Bose systerm with a free I pad are provided for each stay. They have Rada for insents and anti mosiqito spray in the room. Life jackets are provided indivitaully in each room.beach studio no 1-3 is better than the others.They beach in the front and the plants around the studio is much better than my friends' studio(6&7)
Activity room: Free Xbox with lots of games and pool were realy a plus for us as a evening acitivity. We paid for a simulator room which mainly is for golf simulator. Not realy interesting than the X box to us. The staff in the room is approcable. He volunteered to teach us the golf and played with my husband for the FIFA.
Water Sports: Freindly staff : Silvio and Shazeel are the ones of the best. Snorkelling equipment is free for rentel. However there is not more free outsea snorkeling any more since Sep 2012. We paid 55 per person for the snorkeling. Due to the weather, we did not realy enjoyed the snorkeling than expected. However the staff was nice and resposibility. Tina and Ali helped me when my mask was leaking. Ali event lend his own mask to me during the trip. They are very professional and helpful. We went with Shazeel for night fishing, without the whole crew we will no be able to catch more than 8 fishes with 3 groupers and some red snappers! Thank you guys!
House Keeping: Realy nice for the first day we arrived. Every thing was standarded and clean. Our host Muizzu is very responsible and intoduced each facility in details to us. Compared to my friends' host, he realy did extra miles for his job.For house Keeping, I realy have some suggestion; the house keeping service do not have a clear standard. We have 3 rooms together and we get different set up for the next following days. Eg: I do not have beach towel and ice crean replaced after they did the room clean. The same day my friend got the ice cream but no drinking water replaced and shampoo (which he has used up already) and beach towel. The same things happen to us during the stay. We have to call again and again to get each things replaces when we needed. In my water studio, when I came back from my spa around 1300pm, the replacement has done but the room clean did not come until 1400pm. May be the hotel has different department to do the replacment and house clean.
Q service: This is like a operator but the resposibilities are more than an operator. This is the only way you can reach to the hotel staff cos the resort is big and no "standard resepsion area for u to contact with. We relied on the service during the stay. Amenda is realy nice from the operator. This was my fist call to Q and greeted by her with warmth. She even checked the next day weather for me and asked me for feedbacks during the stay. She called me by name. Saberina, is the worst of them. She even hung up my phone. When I called her back to complain the action, she told me the phone was autoly hung up by the systerm. she was busy, cos she has a lots of arrivals!!!! However, when I checked my friends who has called her for service, they said she hung up their calls as well!!!. I was so upset and called my host muizzu to complained on her. Assistance front desk manger came for apologize. She realy ruined our holidays in Niyama!!!!! The rating can not go to excellent is purely beacause of her!
Dinner: Perfect! the chef change the menu every day with different subjects. We love the carving with the lamb. So yami! The service is good especially a handsome guy who looks like "Singaporee". Sorry, I can not remmember the name !
The spa; Expensive, not really recommended. They will promot their products after your spa. The cushions are dirty in the spa garden and the reception
Subsix: Small. Newlly opened, little fish. The club is very clod, if you would like to go, pls have a sweater with you.
Snorkeling: The better snorkeling around the hotel is the place in front of the water studio. But not many things to see.
WIFI: is all over the island and well recieved in most of the places.
Over All: I will still recommed my friends to stay with niyama, Cos the over all staff and the service has met our expectation! Thank you all!

Room Tip: Beach villa near the reception area is better ( small numbers) Water villa with pool small numbers will be far away from the beach!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank zhiying y
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Niyama in July-August for a week and it was truly sensational. This was our first time in the Maldives and we were treated to pure luxury with our water villa. The view from the room is like nothing on earth - absolutely perfect. The accommodation was absolutely first rate.

The whole atmosphere of Niyama is one of relaxation. We spent most days swimming and snorkelling and reading books by the water (our private pool, the main pool and the beach). We tried the Lime Spa, which was heavenly. Scuba diving was a real highlight - we saw so many colourful fish. It's a real wonderland under the sea in the Maldives.

The food was delicious and fresh. The service was fabulous - professional staff who are very, very friendly.

This is a very romantic resort. There were a few families with young children, but mostly this was a couples' paradise.

The resort still had a few little things that were under construction, but I think it will be in full-swing by the end of 2012. For example, the underwater club wasn't finished yet and the resident marine biologist is still building a marine lab on the island to teach guests about the ecology of the Maldives.

Overall, we felt totally spoilt and we loved it. The weather was perfect (sunny and 30 degrees every day) and the trip was very memorable.

Room Tip: We tried one of the water villas. It was just heavenly. We took a sticky beak at some of the other rooms and I think at Niyama you can’t go wrong – they are all truly amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple