Tripadvisor
Dhaalu Atoll
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews blue hole great room overwater villa butler service anti gravity iridium spa airport butler wine dinner sea plane fish our honeymoon champagne sabering amazing butler cheval blanc hydrotherapy pool personal butler four seasons
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We honestly had the best time of our life! We did 3 destinations on our honeymoon and the St Regis Maldives was the best out of all! We thank all the crew that made our stay unforgettable and a special thanks to our butler Alona and the GM who welcomed us. We will definitely repeat our stay at this hotel.

We got to our room where Alona already prepared a full schedule for our stay which suited us perfectly! She was very responsive to all of our demands and always left a special note on the bed with a beautiful decoration each time we left the villa.

The overwater villa was outstanding, very spacious with beautiful view. Our 5 days stay was not enough to do all activities and restaurants offered on the island, we felt like extending couple of times.

I really recommend Alona as a butler and recommend this resort for an unforgettable experience at the Maldives.

Omar and Lea

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GM-StRegisMaldives, General Manager at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear omarelghali,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on our Trip Advisor page.

It was our pleasure to have you celebrating honeymoon with us and Alona as your Butler successfully delivering bespoke experience during this special occasion.

I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back at the Maldives finest address for many more of your iconic celebration.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first trip to Maldives and chose St Regis because of a terrific experience at their resort in Bora Bora several years ago.

Let me tell you, We left Vommuli Island refreshed and with amazing memories. They have an incredible team. From grounds workers, to butlers, to the restaurant staff—everything exceeded our high expectations.

We settled on this location about 2 months from our trip date. Booking was a breeze and we were able to find the best option for our accommodation, as well as price.

About 4 weeks out, we began to receive emails from the butler staff welcoming us and getting us acquainted with the property. Emails asking about our beverage preferences, expectations for activities, etc, let us know we were in good hands and my emails were refined promptly-considering the resort is a 12 hour time difference.

The resort staff arranged the seaplane transfer based on our flight itinerary and kept track of our flight, which was delayed into Malé by more than an hour. They greeted us by name as we exited customs, took our luggage, and lead us through the check in process for the seaplane.

The private waiting room at the seaplane terminal is air conditioned and comfortable. We were offered use of the shower as well as beverages and food while we waited.

We had never flown by seaplane before and it is quite an experience to do so.

When we landed at St Regis, we were greeted by the staff of butlers, lined up and waving. It’s a touch that I remember from our time staying in Bora Bora.

The staff on the island is top-notch. Our Butler, Shamiu, is a treasure. He’s been with the resort since it opened and he knows his stuff. Always helpful, always a smile. He had arranged our reservations at the several restaurants and happily changed the schedule to suit our appetites.

Speaking of the restaurants—what a pleasure it is to dine. Fine dining, casual—they have it all. The pizza at Crust was actually very good and sitting at the beachfront tables was fun!

The breakfast buffet is unbelievable. The resort has an international clientele and the options at this buffet reflect nearly every palate around the world. So many choices! Our rate included the breakfast—and I’m not sure if there is a rate that doesn’t but make sure!

Our favorite spot was Orientale. Three different cuisines (Indian, Chinese, Japanese) in one restaurant. Special shout out to our waiter both nights, Thaai! Such a nice guy, a native of Maldives, who takes such pride in his work and of his country. He’s just one of many who made us feel special and welcome.

The villas themselves are amazing. Even more amazing than Bora Bora—and that’s saying something. The architecture is modern. Even if it’s not your cup of tea at home—I think most will find it fun for the stay. One thing we did learn was that the hot water can be temperamental. We had a two story villa. The water in the upstairs bathroom shower had to be finessed to operate. First, the bathtub needed to run for a minute or two, then the shower would have hot water. Props to our butler for figuring that out for us.

You expect a certain level of service when you stay at a St. Regis. This did not disappoint.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear SeanInChicago,

We greatly appreciate you sharing with us the details of your recent stay at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort.

We are pleased to learn that you had an exceptional stay with us, from the pre-arrival to our airport lounge and on the island. I am also delighted that our resort, including our services and dining offerings were exceeding your expectations.

Regarding the hot water availability in the Two Bedroom Villa, while this is not characteristic of experience we strive to provide, I am glad Shamiu were able to solve it. Rest assured, I will take this points on board and address it accordingly.

On behalf of Vommuli family, I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Maldives finest address.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This has to be THE flagship SPG property. Certainly the BEST service St. Regis in the system, and no wonder is so highly reviewed. Second time visiting in as many years and will return annually. Butler service (thank you Ubad!!) is better than ANY other St. Regis on the planet. Attention to detail, location, food......the place is simply amazing and without fault. Now, if only Marriott would only wake up and restore the SPG benefits in their program.....Marriott simply does not understand loyalty! There is NOTHING negative to say about this property!

Room tip: over water bungalow for sure!!!
1  Thank iflytoeat

Dear iflytoeat,

We greatly appreciate you sharing with us the details of your stay at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort.

On behalf of Vommuli family, I am humbled by your kind feedback and pleased that service provided by our Hosts are to your satisfactory.

I look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back to the Maldives finest address.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

This was my third time at The St. Regis Maldives because every time I visit it makes me want to go back! They offer the most professional and exquisite service in the world! Our butler Saddam is always excellent. He is the most attentive, caring and professional butler in the island. It was my fiancé's birthday and he made sure that he felt special for the whole day. He organized our stay with outstanding dinners, activities and experiences.
The overall service in the resort is just over the top. General Manager Vincent Pauchon is always making sure that all the guests are having a wonderful stay and all the staff provide attentive and marvelous service. It says a lot about the GM because it can be seen that he has proficiently trained and guided all the staff to offer guests a fascinating vacation. All my stays at the St. Regis Maldives have been excellent but this time it was even better, if that is even possible! In addition, every morning Culinary Chef Anish created the most delicious Maldivian Tuna carpaccio and sushi rolls. I was amazed by his talent, charisma and hospitality.
Also, I believe what made our vacation so special were the exquisite dishes created by Executive Chef Jocelyn Argaud. Every meal of the day was just breath taking. He cooked the most delicious seafood recipes for me and always made sure that my vegetarian fiancé had various delicious options to choose from. We attended two of his Decanter Dinners and they were extraordinary. His dishes are extremely elaborate and it was a pleasure to be tasting this culinary art from someone that has had 25 years of experience in the industry. Additionally, Julius Ibanez and Mayank Sharma paired the dinners with delicious and distinctive wines. Both sommeliers were very informative and experienced.
Many thanks to Pop, Thaai, Ibrahim, Mohammed Jazlaan, Vimla (best pizza in the world), Rojin, Sebastian, Chef Anish, Mayank, Julius, Chef Herman, Mamdhu. Joyce,
Oscar, Godfrey, Satheesh, Ali and ALL the rest of the staff for their excellent service. Also, my gratitude and respect for all the housekeeping staff. Every day they made sure that our rooms were spotless.
Finally, THANK YOU to Vincent Pauchon, Executive Chef Jocelyn Argaud, Saddam and Dino for making our trip unforgettable!

Until next time!

Date of stay: December 2019
GM-StRegisMaldives, General Manager at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Pamela,

My heartfelt thank you for your review from the recent stay at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort.

It is our pleasure to welcome you back as an esteemed loyal guest and successfully delivering exquisite experience for each of your stay.

Please be assured that I have extended your kind words to all our Hosts which we all eagerly look forward to welcome you back to the Maldives finest address.

Wishing you a great start of the year and I remain with kind regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2020

This has been our best St. Regis stay to-date and even one of the top three stays among all the Category 8 properties I have stayed in.

Hospitality: The hospitality is fantastic. Everybody was great not just from the perspective of being nice but actually delivering on expectations. The GM Vincent had mentioned, "Our goal is to make you happy" and everybody truly delivered on this commitment.

Elite Recognitions: I truly appreciate elite status being recognized and due elite benefits being delivered. Loved it when hotels deliver on the elite benefits.

Rooms/Resort: The rooms are fantastic and very well maintained. The design is very well thought of such that you get complete privacy. Housekeeping was great. I really appreciate the use of multi-use dispensers in the bathroom that are very tastefully done which also includes the face wash. I loved dedicated bicycles assigned to each room versus general free-for-all bicycles so that once you got used to a certain bike and adjusted it per your convenience, you had it throughout the stay. The water was always kept well-stocked and I appreciate the use of glass water-bottles versus single-use plastic bottles. Overall, the design of the resort is gorgeous.

Breakfast: The breakfast is amazing. The live stations are fantastic and truly a heaven for vegetarians. The entire staff aimed to please and made sure you were happy with your breakfast.

Orientele/Crust: We loved both Orientele and Crust. Yes, the food is expensive but we actually felt we were getting something in return for the price. As vegetarians, we struggled at the St Regis Bora Bora during lunchtime and dinnertime but not at the St. Regis Maldives. Food is important for a comfortable stay and this is going to be a big driver for us to return here.

Sealife: The sealife is fantastic around the resort. Makes you want to snorkel everyday. Truly a huge plus point.

Spa: Superb spa and appreciate the special rates for elites at the spa. Keep them coming!

I truly can't think of any major areas of opportunity. Perhaps a happy hour would be nice and slightly larger serving sizes at Orientele.

When I was departing in the seaplane from the resort, I actually had this feeling inside me where I was sad to go. It felt like I was leaving something I had grown very attached to and was personal. I have not experience this before at a hotel. Our butler, the server at Orientele, and the Breakfast Chef at Alba had built connections with us and created memories for us. I was sad to leave and didn't want to leave. It is tough to create such an experience for your guests.

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear WanderingGaruda,

First I would like to thank you for your loyalty as Marriott Bonvoy member and it was my pleasure to connect with you.

We are pleased to learn that your stay was exquisite and the services provided are up to your expectation.

Regarding serving size in Orientale, I have noted your comment and will have further discussion with the team.

On behalf of Vommuli family, I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back at the Maldives finest address.