3,004 results
All reviews jacuzzi water villa eagle ray our waiter coconut ice cream fish our honeymoon sunset cruise welcome song room boy beach bar both sides west side cooking station live cooking repeat visitors every meal sea plane
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2020

I am sitting here on my private Terrace, looking out at the clear, if a little choppy sea- thinking how lucky we are to be here.
I will do another review when home, and I hope to increase my star rating.
This is my 6th trip to the Maldives- and I therefore feel qualified to comment
This is an established Island, and so much nicer than the newly built ones, dredged from the sea- which are too concrete for my taste.
Typically the staff are brilliant- an mostly all is good in this world.
However- one issue I have is that men have to have covered shoulders for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant- whilst women can basically turn up in a a small wrap, over a bikini.
I always bring singlet tops for day use, and sleeved ones for the evening- and this ridiculous rule has caused me a shortage of clean tops, unless I buy some at about £35 each here.
I have travelled to many places, and even in the Caribbean, where long trousers are required in the evenings, you can wear a singlet to breakfast, and lunch.
No where else in the Maldives does this apply to my knowledge.
Weirdly both the bar, and restaurants have a sand floor, with a sign”if you’re not barefoot, you’re overdressed” yet you have to wear a tee shirt with sleeves?.
One other thing is a bizarre rule about each villa having an allowance for only two devices being connected to the internet- however, when we queried this, we were given a facility for two each.
There are issues also accessing some apps from here- and we are unable to view our CCTV at home- but that’s not the end of the world.
As said, it’s a lovely place- and I’ll report further once home

Date of stay: February 2020
GMKomandoo, General Manager at Komandoo Maldives Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Jbeadle301,

Greetings from Komandoo!!

Thank you very much for your review.

It is true that Komandoo is a great tropical island with an amazing array of fishes and nature around it.

I have looked into the points that you have highlighted.

We are striving to keep a great balance between laid back luxury and a barefoot holiday. We do advise all our guests restaurant attire and we do keep spare tee shirts at the restaurant in case any of our guests need immediate assistance.
However, we will review this point.

Regarding the internet, we have 2 devices per guest per room (total 4) and we have improved the bandwidth recently. As far as we understand there is no restriction on accessing to the apps. Our IT Manager, Afiz Abdulla did assist you in this regard.

Thank you for your time on the last evening to have a great chat and I hope to see you again soon in Komandoo.

Kind Regards,
Mohamed Solah, General Manager
Komandoo Island Resort

Reviewed February 11, 2020

My wife & I just returned, it is taking some time to re-adjust!!
This was our first time in the Maldives & we are already trying to re-book.
We had never been on a sea plane & took the tip of having a camera handy. We now have some fantastic shots of the islands from the air. The small speed boat was waiting & the 6 minute transfer was joyful.
Reception set the Gold Standard & it never lapsed.
Stayed beachfront, near the sunset bar. Very handy!! Beach was always empty & you wade out & snorkel, fantastic.
Tip, take slip on footwear for the sea, the Coral is sharp. Ask my toe.....
A shout out to Amaar for his understated attention & Shifu for making us laugh.Also to Reefah in reception who was very helpful. ( in fact all staff were). Food was great, even baked beans for breakfast......
We did the sunset cruise & was laughing when told The Champion ( sorry, forgot her name. Taller than the others, I thought she was from the Caribbean :) ) would clap & they would come out. The joke was on me, they came out & I got some wonderful photos.
I can only re-iterate the other comments made (well the good ones).
I also went diving & again got some brilliant photos.
see you next year, you have converts from The Caribbean.......

1  Thank Robert P
GMKomandoo, General Manager at Komandoo Maldives Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2020

Dear Robert P,

Sunny Greetings from Komandoo Maldives!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback about your recent stay at Komandoo Maldives, it is very much appreciated.

It was an honor to be a part of this wonderful trip as this was your first time to visit Maldives and you choose our little Island.

Thank you very much for appreciating our distinct paradise, our facilities, the variety of our food offerings, up to the snorkeling experience and diving as well as the warm hospitality from our Champions on the island.
Thank you for highlighting Amar, Shifza and Rifaah for their exceptional service. I will proudly share your feedback to them as well as the rest of the team. This will surely go a long way in motivating all of us to keep up the great job.

We are very much looking forward to your return on your piece of paradise.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2020 via mobile

We went to Komandoo to have our Honeymoon and the 30th Birthday of my husband. We took the all inclusive Gold Package. If you‘re there for the first time it is a perfect option to get to know everything and also test what you like and what you don‘t . We booked a Jacuzzi Water Villa and we loved it. You need to walk a little to reach everything but it‘s also a good thing when you ate too much! The island is an completly barfoot island what is great.

We were completly speechless when we arrived and we just felt like getting home. Salim our Host welcomed us once we got out off the boat. The island is small, but even if it‘s fully booked, you still have the feeling your just 20 people, beside the eating times, you‘re quite for yourself. The Buffet in the Restaurant is great, every day there are new things to discover. We loved to eat dinner at the Aqua Restaurant where you just watch the sea, the fishs and the sharks swimming next your table. We did a Candle Light Dinner which was awesome! Yamin our waiter is doing a great job! Thank you on this point.

We did an Intro dive curse which was included in the Gold Package. Giuliana is a great teacher we really enjoyed learning from her. We will do the boring classes at home and then we can start in Komandoo hopefully with Giuliana our dive adventure. Grazie carissima!

When you‘re there you definitly need to do the night fishing. The first night my husband had no luck so we needed to make a revenge for the next day. (Why are men seeing a competition everywhere? ) Salim organized allready everything
from the boat so we could go fishing the next day as well. And you’re going to eat one of the fish the next day which is really delicious. Salim came with us on both times, we really had a lot of fun. No other guest went with us so it was really private. Just to make it clear I won also the 2nd time.

The next day of our arrival we had an relaxing massage which was really great to ..yeah .. relax. no to be honest after Jetlag and travelling it is the best thing you can do. The Spa Ladies are great! For a great time together you need to book the him & her massages!

We also did the sunset cruise which takes you with a bit luck to the dolphins. What should i say .. we were lucky! We saw arround 30 or 40 dolphins. They jumped out of the water to say hello. Special thanks here to Nadha she is doing a great Job! We also visited the island nearby, were local people are living, with her. She‘s a good tourist guide It‘s really interesting how they live and manage everything.

Salim took us on a private back of the house tour because we could not take the normal scheduled tour. It is worth it! We were really surprised how the people are re-using quite everything. We got inspired by them and we will try to implement it also in our daily routine. We love the attitude of the Maldivians. Thank you for this other point of view and also the long term view. We tried to give something back and took the plastik we brought back home. And when we saw a plastic bottle in the water we took it out.

Many many thanks to Salim! He is an indescribably great man. We loved sitting with him and talking with him about him and how he lives, us and tons more. It was a great pleasure to meet you! Thank you for caring us arround and for all the fun we had.. and we’ll have in the future.

All champions(that‘s how the employees are called) are really really friendly. They always ask you how you are and what you did/do during the day. And we need to mention also this people which are taking care of getting the ways clean and everything green. Ibraham our good soul did the room everyday with a lot of love. We appriciated it a lot!

Maybe you noticed that we really loved everything. There was nothing we could complain about.

We don‘t want to write more, you need to make your own experience.

All we can say is: See you all as soon as possible guys! ♥️

Greetings from Switzerland
EGR08

2  Thank Windbeutelchen
GMKomandoo, General Manager at Komandoo Maldives Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Gianna Berndt,

Sunny greetings from Komandoo Maldives!

I can't thank you enough for this glowing review. Firstly, thank you for choosing us to be the destination of your choice and for sharing just how much your loved and enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive outstanding comments from a valued guest. We are very thrilled that you chose to spend your Honeymoon with us and to celebrate your husband 30th Birthday.

We are delighted to know that you enjoy every inch of your stay here, from the amenities, facilities, spa, and diving’s. Your satisfaction is the best reward we can have in the accomplishment of our job.

Thank you for highlighting Salim, Yamin, Giuliana, and Ibrahim for their exceptional service. I will proudly share your feedback to them as well as the rest of the Champions team. This will surely go a long way in motivating all of us to keep up the great job.

We would be sincerely honored to welcoming you again in the future on our beautiful island.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2020 via mobile

One resort that we always want to go back again because of the warm and friendly service we received from the team. You guys are really champions and knows how to take care of your guests. See you again soon.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GMKomandoo, General Manager at Komandoo Maldives Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2020

Dear BadhurudheenH,

Sunny greetings from Komandoo!!

Thank you very much for staying with us.

I am so grateful to read your comments about our hard working champions. Certainly they are the greatest asset to our beautiful island. Komandoo is very lucky to have beautiful nature around and on top to have a great team of Champions.

It is encouraging to read that you will be revisiting to stay with us soon.

Kind Regards,
Mohamed Solah, General Manager
Komandoo Island Resort

Reviewed February 3, 2020 via mobile

Small and relaxing resort. Ocean Villa, sand, a little wind and gorgeous reef. The staff is very kind and welcoming, always ready to help and take care. A special mention for Riccardo, the genius of the lamp in Komandoo’s restaurants. He is always present and giving precious indications on the high quality food He and hist staff cook every day.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank AnnaGenua

Dear AnnaGenua,

Sunny Greetings from Komandoo Maldives!

Thank you for your review. It was indeed a pleasure to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday with us.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, from the service of our Champions up to the food offerings, I personally complimented Chef Riccardo for making a huge effort in order for our guests to have an excellent dining experience in all our outlets.

I will proudly share your feedback to all CHAMPIONS.

We shall look forward to seeing you back here for another holiday soon!

Warm Regards,