3,003 results
All reviews jacuzzi water villa eagle ray our waiter coconut ice cream fish our honeymoon sunset cruise welcome song room boy beach bar both sides west side cooking station live cooking repeat visitors every meal sea plane
Selected filters
Reviewed January 29, 2020 via mobile

Spent a week at this amazing resort in a water villa (which was fantastic although the beach villas looked great too) I’m not sure that I can add anything more than to agree with previous reviewers, this place is stunning. I can see why so many people come back to Komandoo year after year, everything is catered for to provide you with the perfect holiday experience.

Our plans for holidays are to always try somewhere new, as there is a big world and there is so much to see. Staying at Komandoo has changed our opinion somewhat, we may just have to come back again next year and break our ‘golden rule’, that is how wonderful this resort is.

If you are thinking of visiting the Maldives I would say don’t hesitate just book it, if you are looking for the perfect adults only resort then you will not regret booking at Komandoo.

1  Thank PeteMaugham
GMKomandoo, General Manager at Komandoo Maldives Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2020

Dear Pete,

Warm greetings from Komandoo!!

Thank you very much for writing you're feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to read that you had a an amazing time with us.

I am so grateful to learn that you will revisit us by breaking your rule. Trust me
you are not the only one

Thank you for recommending Komandoo for all our readers.

Pete, Together with my champions, I am looking forward to welcome you back to Komandoo.

Reviewed January 29, 2020 via mobile

We have just had our first visit to the Maldives and are so thrilled we picked the beautiful island of Komandoo. From the moment we travelled from the seaplane by speedboat to the jetty we were welcomed with such warmth by the general manager Solah. The drums and welcome song, towels and cool drink in reception was followed by a quick tour of the island and we were shown to our lovely water villa. It really was a home for the next 2 weeks and Ibrahim our room Champion looked after everything we needed and kept it all spotless.
As an adults only island and with so many beautiful spots to sit by the pristine sea on the white sand it is truly relaxing and romantic spot. All the Champions were open and friendly and happy to share information on anything from snorkelling to the beautiful plants and trees. We thoroughly enjoyed a behind the scenes tour to see how it all works so well.
My husband absolutely loved his scuba dives with prodivers and they are very safe and well organised with a huge number of good dive sites to visit. For me it was the easy and safe snorkelling on the house reef which made my trip so special - turtles, sharks, glorious fish and regrowing coral.
I had several trips to the Spa for wonderful massages from the lovely ladies there. It has to be one of the most charming and peaceful spas I have been to.
The main restaurant is superb with a wide and delicious choice of food for all meals and the dining room Champions are the best! Ricardo the head chef and his team are top professionals. We also had 2 super meals at the a la carte restaurant Aqua over the water and both were delightful.
Finally a big thank you to all the Champions for sharing this beautiful island with us. Particular thanks to all in reception (no we honestly didn’t want to leave!), Suraj at the beach bar who looked after us every morning with constant soft drinks, mocktails and milk shakes, Ali in the restaurant, the gardeners and beach cleaners who keep it immaculate and indeed every Champion who never failed to greet us with a smile.
This island is honestly a most special place and we fully understand why so many visitors were on their second, third, fourth etc visit to Komandoo. Once you’ve found it why go anywhere else?!
We are already planning our next visit!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GMKomandoo, General Manager at Komandoo Maldives Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2020

Dear fifieliz,

Sunny Greetings from Komandoo Maldives!

It is always a pleasure to receive outstanding comments from a valued guest. Thank you for taking your time to rate your recent stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting how stunning Komandoo is, and for appreciating our facilities from your rooms up to the extravagant and fantabulous foods that made by our passionate culinary Champions, as well as the white sand - crystal clear water that surround us. We are overwhelmed with the positive comments and how you describe the personalized service made by our Champions. I will proudly share your feedback to all CHAMPIONS specially to Chef Riccardo, Suraj, Ibrahim, Spa, Pro-divers and to all Champions, this will surely go a long way in motivating all of us to keep up the great job.
Our main priority is your happiness and make you feel at home during your stay, and we are glad that we live up on your experience, everyone did an excellent job by putting every experience of yours into a magical holiday that you will never forget.

Myself and the rest of the Champions are look forward to welcome you back for yet another unforgettable stay here in Komandoo.

Kindest Regards,
Mohamed Solah

Reviewed January 22, 2020 via mobile

Stayed in Komandoo resort for 5 days and were thrilled by everyone as everything - personnel, facilities, restaurants, services, nature. We have selected Ocean view Villa and enjoyed ocean waters splashing to our veranda and morning leisure swims. House reef of the island is rich with marine life - and few resident turtles make snorkeling experience unforgettable. Restaurant’s breakfast, dinner and lunch are with good food for different tastes (though more seafood choice could be appreciated). Resort personnel is attentive and highly professional. Special thanks to Salim, Saeed, Yoosuf and Rinku!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GMKomandoo, General Manager at Komandoo Maldives Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Dear Dmitry,

Sunny greetings from Komandoo!!

Thank you for giving us your insight of your stay with us.

It is great to hear that you are enjoying our beautiful island and the rich nature.
Komandoo is very lucky to have varieties of marine life just at our house reef.
I was snorkeling this morning at sunrise and spotted few sharks (Vegetarian ),
Eagle Ray, few hawksbill turtles which residence at our lagoon etc

I have passed your compliments to Salim, Saeed, Yoosuf and Rinku.
Our aim as a team is to provide the highest possible service to all of our
guests.

It will be great to welcome you back to Komandoo very soon.
If you need any assistance to book, please contact our reservations team
at reservations@komandoo.com

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2020

If you want pure paradise then Komondoo is just the place. Adults only. Infinity pool is amazing, food drink out of yhis world. Staff are called champions and fully deserve to be called this. The are absolutely brilliant. They wanto make sure you have the best time.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Odyssey725409,

Sunny greetings from Paradis, Komandoo!!

Thank you very much for writing your holiday experience to all of us.

I am thrilled to hear that you really enjoyed our "Adult Only" concept.
It is true that our F&B offerings are very high quality and our guests grade it
very high.

Together with my team of champions, I am looking forward to welcome you back to our
little paradise soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

There are no words, this island is amazing. We chose to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary on the island and we were truly blown away. It really feels like you are part of a family while you are there, all of the Champions are fantastic and all are genuinely cared for by the lovely manager. The standard of everything on the island is 5 star; the food is amazing and there is such a variety (Yusuf knew exactly what we needed before we did!), the water villa was exceptional (we were so well looked after by Saeed the superstar) and the facilities on the island are really great. We cannot wait to return and next time will definitely be staying for longer.

Dear sch11,

Warm greetings from Komandoo!!

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is a great honor for me and my team of champions to manage your 20th Wedding Anniversary and to be part of it.

This is a great motivation for all of us to read your praise to what we do as it is true that our champions work tirelessly to keep the island standard very high. Thank you for highlighting Yoosuf and Saeed as they are true champions so as the rest of the team.

I am excited to read that you will return to stay with us again and I hope it is soon.

All the very best.