“Six stars - perfect honeymoon destination”

Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas
“Six stars - perfect honeymoon destination”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Antanara Kihavah is by the far the most impressive resort that we've ever stayed in and certainly one of the world's bets.

The location is unrivaled and the resort is designed to give you a true sense of privacy - sometimes it feels like you have the entire island to yourself! The over water villas are extremely spacious, clean and configurable. You can snorkel out the front of the villas at any time of day and encounter sharks, huge schools of fish, rays....

The service is truly impeccable. The staff are extremely friendly and personable. Each staff member we met was willing to go the extra mile to make us feel comfortable. It never felt that they were bothering us, but were always ready to help with dinner reservations, transport, cleaning or even medical requests.

The food is incredible. Not just the fresh produce, but the care in preparation and presentation. We highly recommend the dining by design on the beach. The underwater restaurant is a little on the expensive side, but the food and atmosphere did not disappoint.

Our only suggestion would be to offer a bundled price for diving e.g. 5 dives to use any time while you are on the island. The individual price for diving is a little on the high side, and we'd love to have done more diving had there been a package on offer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Anantara K, General Manager at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear jjscheng,

Thank you so much for your recent review on your stay at Anantara Kihavah Villas.

My team and I are extremely pleased to read that your honeymoon was truly a memorable experience. I am also delighted that you had an overall pleasant stay with us and were impressed with the interior décor of your villa, the cuisine, as well as the service of our associates. It is endeavor of our team members to provide personalized attention and make each and every guest feel special for them to carry back fond memories of their stay with us. I will definitely pass your encouraging message to the team.

Thank you for recommending dining by design, this is one of the activities that one must do while on the island. We always ensure you will have the most romantic lunch or dinner on the beach.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in our little paradise in the not too distant future.

With kind regards,
Lionel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is one of the best resorts in world in my opinion. Even though I am still in my teen years, me and my family had the privilege of traveling the whole world and staying at some very good hotels, but this exceeded all of our expectations. We arrived and were greeted by many friendly people who started telling us what exciting things we can do there. Normally when you first arrive at a place after a long flight you are stressed out, but not here, the staff made the transition very easy. Since we reserved the Two Bedroom Over Water Pool Villa we got a foot massage/bathing once we got to the villa we all calmed down. The villa was amazing! It had privacy, comfort and a lot of space.

Our host was always there when we needed him to drive us somewhere and would always be very helpful. All the staff were very pleasant and if our host wasn't available would always be happy to help or drive us.

The food was spectacular! It was very high quality and the chefs would often come out and ask us if we were enjoying ourselves, we always were. My favorite restaurant was "Fire", it had delicious Japanese food that we all enjoyed.

One of my favorite parts of the trip was scuba diving, the diving staff helped me qualify for my certificate and then I could go scuba diving. It is the most wonderful experience!!! There is such a large biodiversity of fish and corals in the Maldives that it is a sin not to go either scuba diving or snorkeling (I did both every day). My older brother even got to see a shark!

All in all the experience was amazing! Its great for everyone in the family no matter what they are interested it. We enjoyed our two week experience in Maldives so much that me and my mother are going to both Anantara in Phuket next week. I recommend this resort greatly!

Room Tip: The Two Bedroom Over Water Residence is amazing!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Anna S
Anantara K, General Manager at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Anna S,

Thank you so much for your review of your experience at Anantara Kihavah Villas.

My team and I are extremely pleased to read that you were content with the quality and the level of service received. We are very proud of our product and it is a gratifying experience to render service and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Congratulations on becoming a certified diver, yet another reason to return! You need to add on your dives and what better place than in the tranquil atmosphere, warm crystal clear water and rich coral gardens of the Baa Atoll?

I do hope that you have equally enjoyed your time at our sister property in Phuket. Anantara is a great place for story collecting travelers.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back at Anantara Kihavah Villas.

With Warm Regards,
Lionel
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Anantara, Anantara. I had the best expectations, but I was so dissapointed. Just b/c it is in Maldives it does not deserve to be a five star hotel. If you have the money to spend do not go there and here it is why:
1. The food that you get is like in Egypt all inclusive slosh. Neither al carte nor the buffet is worth even trying to eat. Even their signature underwater restaurant with set menu dinning for 375 plus 20 percent us dolars is such a waste of money and experience. There is one waiter serving about six tables and always mistakens who ordered what and food is plain same buffet from othe restaurants.
2. The price is not appropriate and I know the prices of top notch restaurants in the main cities of the world and top hotels of top resorts. But it was something out of the other world and not worth any penny of 15000 dollars just for food and activities that our family of six spent over 7days.
3. Overall service of three star hotel: they clean the rooms twice but always either they bother us when we are still in villa or they are there when we come back. And it is every day like that. Do not they have notification system?
4. I asked for a buggy to get me quick to villa, waited for five minutes and decided to walk. While walking saw three guest buggies cross my way to different sides with workers driving each other to places. What???!!!
5. The bill i had to correct each and every time and either way. It was not cheating but just plain carelesness
6. Yoga is scheduled at 7 in the morinning but in the same place at the same time other workers use equipment to clean windows and swimming pool. How to do yoga with noise??!!
7. spa is no good. Just because of the service. Asked for a massage without elbows. Ended up with massage with elbows. Asked to change, massage specelist said that she cannot do.
8. Diving center is very good. And people who work there. It is a plus for a hotel.
9. Kids club and girls working there are very good as well. I was very happy how they behaved.
10. Villa host was helpfull
11. But to top it off. Our travel agent a day before leaving informed the hotel that we are six peopel with many bags and asked to arrange for baggage transfers. In the morning when we were boarding a sea plane, i was informed the three bags will not make it and will have to be sent with another plane and another flight to Dubai. That was a final surprise that they did to us.

The hotel is as good as people who work there. So Maldives are wonderfull, but this hotel is terrible. Would not spend a one dollar there.

Stayed January 2014
12 Thank L A
Anantara K, General Manager at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear LA,

I am extremely sorry to read your review and see that we have no succeeded to exceed your expectations. it is a big disappointment also for the team, as you can read we have mainly high reviews from the spa to all the food and beverage outlets available on the island, it is always our aim to offer unique experience to each guest. I sincerely present you my apologies for the shortfall of services you have encountered during your stay.
Could you kindly confirm to me about luggages as it was bumped from the seaplane but delivered in time to be checkin for your international flight.
It will be our privilege if you would contact me directly to find a solution to recover your holidays and prove you that our resort deserves his position as top resort within Maldives.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

with kind regards

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I are just back from a short stay in Anantara. We are so in love with the place having had the best time of our lives.

It was definitely the best holiday experience ever, from the gorgeous villas, the excellent food, the smiling staff to the most beautiful and tranquil experience one can ever dream of. Anantara kihaavah has certainly set a new standard for us, one that would be hard to better and I mean this in all sincerity having stayed at some of the worlds leading and most exclusive small hotels. We enjoyed every single moment of our stay.

The whole anantara experience was made even more special by their staff- friendly, wonderful and always with a smile, which goes to say a lot about a hotel. And being Maldivian, I was so thrilled to see so many Maldivian staff working in a Maldives hotel which is becoming quite a rare thing. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay there for longer.

If you are looking for that special holiday experience of a lifetime, this is definitely the strongest contender in the Maldives and you will not be disappointed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Anantara K, General Manager at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Jekko,

Greetings from Anantara Kihavah!

Thank you for such lovely review. We are pleased to read that you found your stay at Anantara Kihavah Villas excellent and are glad that we outshined your expectations. it is our aim to create unforgettable experiences for each guest.
As you underlined the team is making the difference with their friendly and professional attitude, always looking to exceed expectations, trying to surprise the guest by remembering their preferences and always with a smile.
On behalf of the team thank you very much for sharing your stay with others.

We hope to welcoming you back soon,

Yours sincerely,
Athens, Greece
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed there in January for 3 nights in an overwater poll villa. It' s a dream. Nothing to comment about the island , the hotel and the rooms. Just Amazing. After having the experience i would have chosen a beach pool villa. You are more close to main areas , the sandy beach and have better views. From a water villa during the night you are just looking at black sea
Privacy is also a concern on a water villa as people that swim in front of their pool villas can view your villa terrace , something that does not happen on a beach villa witch gives perfect privacy.
Have your breakfast on the main restaurant and not in your room. Chooses are unbelievable and siting area so relaxing you do not want to leave. Try mango and mango smoothie
If i have to find something to complain are the Prices at restaurants They are really very expensive more than you can imagine even on such luxury resorts.
But for paradise you can afford anything !!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Anantara K, General Manager at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Npasxa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Anantara Kihavah on Trip Advisor. Such title is a great recognition for all the team work.

we are delighted to learn that you had an amazing stay with us and surpassed your expectations. Thank you for your remarks. I can also guarantee you that we are in line with our competitors and definitively not more expensive. it is always our wish to offer value for price to our guest.

The team and I are looking forward for your return in not so distant future. In the meantime, should you require further assistance with regard to future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kind regards,
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family love traveling to different resources in the world.We were staying in Conrad hotel in 2009 and we have a good time there. We were planning to go back to Conrad until my parent and my brother telling me about Anantara Khihavah.They were saying about how beautiful and excellent staff at the resort.Finally we made decision to book the WATER VILLA for 4days.We were thinking that our 4 days will be more than enough time for us. You never believe that at the end of our vacation my wife and my children did not want to go back..how was amazing time they had at the resort. Starting with our host' Cool DJ RASHID ', lovely indonesian staffs and Chefs ,and the best water sports facility and the staffs. With the indonesian staffs and chefs we never been away from home.We can ask for special order such as sambel terasi,kangkong belacan,and a lot of asian food.We were very happy to choose Anantara khihavah and i promised to my self that i will be back next year and stay at a longer time.....see you soon.

Room Tip: the corner suites have more room and sunshine.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Anantara K, General Manager at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Rendra t,

Thank you very much for taking time to post such a nice review about Anantara Kihavah. Once again the Team has proven their ability to create unforgettable memories for our guest. It is always very rewarding for us to read this achievement especially knowing that this was already recommended by your family and you had great expectations. I have shared your review with the entire team, of course the Indonesian associates are always happy to know their attention to details was making the difference and the beat from DJ ELTON were similar to the mermaid songs which magically attract you to return in this unique resort.

I hope you had great time in Singapore and we will waiting for welcoming you back soon on the jetty. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly i will be delighted to assist to organise your future stay.

with thanks and kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is our fourteenth trip to Maldives and second to Kihavah. Previous stays were at One&Only Reetih Rah, Soneva Fushi, both Four Seasons, W and Niyama. We believe this the the best hotel in Maldives at the moment for people who traveled to many resort destinations before and search for smart combination of natural beauty, proactive service and excellent accommodation with privacy . This hotel is still quiet new - 3 years and so matured to operate at the highest level of service. It is much more private and natural then One&Only. Villas are far more distant and secluded then at Four Seasons. Beaches are much better then at Soneva Fushi . Service and coordination between different staff and activities far superior then at newer resort like Niyama. Beach villas on the SPA and water sports side are especially nice. Our villa host Abdullah Zahid was very proactive and attentive to any request. Best breakfast buffet we have ever seen. Asian restaurant is outstanding with Thai Chef Komang and Viid cooking for you any special food on request. Lovely SPA, excellent water sports team. Finally GM Lionel is a benchmark professional for hotel industry. Keep up Kihavah and watch new rivals like Cheval Blanc and Veela .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Dimitry T
Dear Dimitry T,

Such review always makes my day!!!!
It is amazing to read your valuable comments about Anantara Kihavah, especially from a such well travelled person. It is a great recognition for the entire team and we are delighted to create loyal guest. The team is very proud of our island and to apply the Anantara values, discovery, indigenous, expertise and grounded to each of our guest. I thank you for choosing our resort for the festive season and it was a pleasure to meet all your family.
You are now proclaimed part of the Kihavahians family since your return again yesterday!!! It is a fact, when you experienced once our resort it is hard to find better and you can only find again this home feeling by returning.
About competition,our loyal Team is the main in asset. There is nothing we cannot achieve together. We all apply Winston churchill speech" Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower". Many new things to come this year....

with thanks and kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihavah Huravalhi
Amilla Fushi
Amilla Fushi
#5 of 13 in Baa Atoll
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at ...
#1 of 1 in Landaagiraavaru Island
#1 of 1 in Dhunikolhu Island
Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives
Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives
#1 of 1 in Kanifushi Island

Been to Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas? Share your experiences!