Anantara, Anantara. I had the best expectations, but I was so dissapointed. Just b/c it is in Maldives it does not deserve to be a five star hotel. If you have the money to spend do not go there and here it is why:
1. The food that you get is like in Egypt all inclusive slosh. Neither al carte nor the buffet is worth even trying to eat. Even their signature underwater restaurant with set menu dinning for 375 plus 20 percent us dolars is such a waste of money and experience. There is one waiter serving about six tables and always mistakens who ordered what and food is plain same buffet from othe restaurants.
2. The price is not appropriate and I know the prices of top notch restaurants in the main cities of the world and top hotels of top resorts. But it was something out of the other world and not worth any penny of 15000 dollars just for food and activities that our family of six spent over 7days.
3. Overall service of three star hotel: they clean the rooms twice but always either they bother us when we are still in villa or they are there when we come back. And it is every day like that. Do not they have notification system?
4. I asked for a buggy to get me quick to villa, waited for five minutes and decided to walk. While walking saw three guest buggies cross my way to different sides with workers driving each other to places. What???!!!
5. The bill i had to correct each and every time and either way. It was not cheating but just plain carelesness
6. Yoga is scheduled at 7 in the morinning but in the same place at the same time other workers use equipment to clean windows and swimming pool. How to do yoga with noise??!!
7. spa is no good. Just because of the service. Asked for a massage without elbows. Ended up with massage with elbows. Asked to change, massage specelist said that she cannot do.
8. Diving center is very good. And people who work there. It is a plus for a hotel.
9. Kids club and girls working there are very good as well. I was very happy how they behaved.
10. Villa host was helpfull
11. But to top it off. Our travel agent a day before leaving informed the hotel that we are six peopel with many bags and asked to arrange for baggage transfers. In the morning when we were boarding a sea plane, i was informed the three bags will not make it and will have to be sent with another plane and another flight to Dubai. That was a final surprise that they did to us.
The hotel is as good as people who work there. So Maldives are wonderfull, but this hotel is terrible. Would not spend a one dollar there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A haven of pool villas, Anantara Kihavah Villas is a Maldives luxury resort that offers the ultimate in privacy and tranquillity, your own sanctuary within a sanctuary. Expansive space that opens on to brilliant tropical nature, with private pools, high ceilings and timber interiors. Flavours of culinary art and wine served amidst a panorama of aquatic life in one of the few underwater restaurants and wine cellars in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Kihavah Villas Hotel Baa Atoll