“Best view with nice meal”
Review of Muraka Restaurant

Muraka Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Mirihi
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood, Contemporary
Description: The Muraka Restaurant is located over the blue lagoon of Mirihi Island. Fine Dining A-la-carte at its very best is on offer as well as the specialty Lobster Dinner and Wine & Dine, where a series of freshly prepared, tantalizing dishes are accompanied by carefully selected matching wines from our award-winning, international wine list. The restaurant itself features a central open, illuminated viewing area so the passing marine life can be observed throughout your evening. Muraka is also the setting for sunset cocktails, having the perfect position looking back across the idyllic island of Mirihi.
London
“Best view with nice meal”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Muraka restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants in Maldives, or possibly even around the world.

Just to give a little background before my review, we enjoy fine dining restaurants and have dined at quite a few iconic restaurants at tropicals, including the underwater restaurant at Kihavah in Maldives, Lagoon by Jean Georges at St Regis Bora Bora, many two/ three Michelline Star restaurants in five star hotels including Nobu, Inagiku, Ryu Gin ( Japanese ) and restaurants by Joel Robuchon, or Pierre Gagnaire, and a few more. I am impressed by the location, setting of Muraka at Mirihi, and the chef,a big thank you for who creates the nice choices and who cooked for us. ( still not sure who is Felix.)

It's my second trip to Mirihi and first time ( but 3 nights in a row ) at Muraka. The restaurant, food and staffs were so good that I have to leave a separate review for Muraka otherwise my Mirihi review will be endless.

Muraka, as Mirihi itself, is not known for the showy and superficial luxury but rustic and low key.

First of all the location of Muraka is stunning, after a few trips in Maldives, we noticed not all over water restaurants in the country have such gorgeous sunset view, actually very few has direct sunset view due to the layout of the resorts. All tables outside are near the water edge, nice view with comfy breeze.Secondly the food here is excellent, which I wasn't expect at all but will have to entail later. Last but not least the service is very personal and the whole dining experience was pleasant. The new resort general manager Ulrich and his team ( Nicky and others) also visit Muraka every night to make sure all guests needs are met or to share the joy of their stay.

On our first time we had lobster as starter and main. I am pretty confident to comment that they cook one of the best lobsters in Maldives. Although my lobster was very nice, my favorite was the red snapper. We ordered it almost every time, it tasted like lobster or prawns because it was just so fresh! The other surprise was the Bento Box, whilst some other resorts are trying very hard to promote their ( not so tasty) Japanese Teriyaki Restaurants, I am very impressed by the scallops, tuna, duck foie gras and fish in the Bento Box ( sorry forgot which fish was the fourth, it was very good but I requested to replace it with red snapper on my last meal as we just can't resist the temptation of it and I promise you it's very hard to find the same quality elsewhere.) Scallops as starter was nice too, duck was not bad although I prefer to have seafood in Maldives.(an obvious, fresher choice).

We loved the Bento box ( it's actually for sharing) so much that we on our last night we decided to order two so that we didn't have to share it.The sweetest waiter and chef suggested us to order a Bento Box and a Seafood Platter ( which costed exactly the same) to share between us, that was an excellent idea and thank you very much!

The dessert was very nice too although we tried not to put on too much weight after each holiday hence only had the ice cream with chocolate cake on our last night. It was excellent by all means, otherwise we would have ordered it every meal. I am sure they have more to be explored by those who have sweet mouths.

To make the most of your evening I suggest to come around when it opens at 6pm, have a glass of wine/ champaign or cocktail ( mock-tail), explore the mouthwatering menu whilst watching the sunsetting,make your order then the dinner will be prepared and finally enjoy your evening with one of the best restaurants in Maldives. Fish swim underneath the deck too. The ambience is very nice, relax and I can smell the romance in the air.

One of the many reasons drives me back to Mirihi was the buffet we had last year, ( nowhere else provides such quality.) this year I found a new favorite and knew where to return.Thank you so much Roy ( the restaurant and bar manager) and his team, Adam, Fayat, and many others. Also a big thank you for Bastian who suggested the restaurant to us last year, even we did not make it last time.

Just go and enjoy!

• Thai first
Seattle
“Worth the extra”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is the a la cart restaurant at Mirihi Resort. The food is exquisite; seafood focus, and very good wine list. The staff is very attentive and personalble. The menu is significantly different than the buffet restaurant both in ingredients and execution, so you feel that you are getting something special.

You can also go for cocktails at sunset which is lovely and service equally special.

• Visited June 2013