Mirihi Island Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Maafushivaru(Southern Ari Atoll)
  • Breakfast included
Vakarufalhi Island Resort(Vakarufalhi Island)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Sun Island Resort and Spa(Nalaguraidhoo Island)
  • Pool
Holiday Island Resort & Spa(Maamingili Island)
  • Beachfront
LUX* South Ari Atoll(Dhidhoofinolhu Island)
  • Beachfront
Oliva Palm Cottages(Dhigurah Island)
1,052 results
All reviewswhale sharkshalf boardfishwater villasemi circleour honeymoonhis teamsunset cocktailsa la carte restaurantno shoesbreakfast and dinnerasian nightmanta pointother resortssmall resortping pong tablemarine life
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2014

It was a long flight to get there but it was worth every second of it. The flight from Male by seaplane was spectacular with great views.
As soon as we arrived on Mirihi we felt at home by the warm welcome.
Our watervilla was spacious and well furnished. The only thing that could be better was the mattress. For me personally it was too hard. But this is a matter of taste and isn't meant as a reproach.
The food in the main restaurant was excellent with a wide choice. Especial thanks are due to executive chef Felix Bamert and his team!
The house-reef was easily accessible. Although there are many species of fishes to be seen, we were a bit disappointed about the condition of the corals.
The staff is very friendly and helpful and they do their best to please their guests.
We would definitely recommend Mirihi to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ineke B
Reviewed March 28, 2014

small island. 2 restaurants, 1 bar, beautiful water bungalows, great food, excellent service, amazing spa treatments, lots of fishes....what say more....after about 40 times on maldives we found this little island which is just PERFECT .... hope to go back soon

We had a big health problem with one of our parents and the staff and management was just top !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank weRaway
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Mirihi was the experience of a lifetime and I must admit now weeks gone past I dream about being there every night and can't wait to return. The most amazing place my wife and I have ever been. Extremely professional and courteous staff starting with Niki and Ali, and yet very laid back and friendly. Even though they were at 100% occupancy, it often felt like we had the island virtually to ourselves. Food was outstanding and my complements and thanks to Roy and Phelix (pardon my spelling if in error) - truly world class and second to none! Beautiful beach and superior snorkeling. Our room over the water was amazing as well. Hard to believe they are about to renovate as hard to imagine anything being any better. We really appreciated everything the island had to offer, the amazing and fun staff, best food on Earth...thanks again Phelix. No question we will be returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jason M
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I booked a last minute trip to the Maldives (last minute as in the Tuesday before I arrived on a Friday). As a diver I was attracted to the South Ari Atoll for potential Manta Ray and Whale Shark sightings. I was using TA to look for hotels in this area and narrowed it down to a couple. At this point (3 days before arrival many places were booked). I wanted to ensure the hotel I picked could accommodate me for diving, and Mirihi ended up being the only resort I could get a hold of someone at the dive shop, so availability coupled with the fact that they were friendly won me over. The price was way more than I usually pay, but I was only staying the weekend and since this was all last minute I had limited time to decide. Given the price and good reviews on TA I had high expectations. I can honestly say I was blown away! This is by far the nicest place I have ever been - the accommodations, the island, the staff were fabulous!

The Island: MIrihi is a tiny, remote island in the South Male Atoll. If you want a lot of action or even a TV in your room, this is not the place for you. They have excellent wifi so you don't have to be disconnected, but this is where you come to relax and get away from it all. You can walk around the island (circumference wise) in about 10min. You can walk across it is 60 seconds tops. The only signs of outside life are the seaplanes that go overhead occasionally. The island is spotless - no trash on the beach. The water is crystal clear. The sand is white and soft. The pictures look amazing and do not lie (I know that pictures can make things look better) - I think the island looks even better in person! I was told Mirihi has 120 staff and at the time 55 guests - but it never felt crowded - I don't know where everyone was hiding!

Getting to the Island: The airport is in Male. You arrive and go to the seaplane counter, they weigh your bag and you board a bus to the seaplane terminal. Here you go to the Mirihi lounge to sign-in, and wait for others. Once everyone arrives you board the seaplane. Flight paths could differ, and you may or may not drop off others on the way, but I sat on the R side both times - I did not see Mirihi from the air on the way there but only on the way back. The ride was smooth except when we went through a rain cloud. The view from the seaplane is fabulous!

Water Bungalow: beautifully done. Lots of little things in the room: adapter, beach mats, beach bags.
The bungalows are grouped in 3 areas - 1 area is at the end of the island - opposite the arrival dock side. I felt this was the most picturesque. The other two groupings are next to each other - the beach on this side is not a nice - a bit rockier and not really a sandy entry (the sandy entry beach is opposite this). This side was still beautiful but if you are picky you may want to request a bungalow in the other grouping. Either way, your bungalow balcony looks out on the house reef.

House Reef: really good fish life and easily accessible

Diving: my trip was short, so the dive I went on to see mantas and whale sharks didn't work out - the current was wrong - no sightings. I have dived the GBR (Agincourt area) and Sipidan in Borneo. I felt the coral and fish life in the Maldives was comparable to these. I always like the larger life and it didn't pan out for me on this trip. But I would go back and dive the Maldives again. The dive shop staff are great! Very helpful.

Food: food was excellent if a bit pricey (similar to Hawaii in price). I brought some snacks to the island. There are options for half (B+L) or full board (B+L+D) - I opted out as it didn't make sense price wise for me. Breakfast was included and is a lovely spread.

Pool: there is none. But the beach is so lovely you don't need it.

I have been to all 4 Hawaiian islands and loved them....but Hawaii seems 'ugly' compared to the Maldives. It really is paradise.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Euro_101
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Mirihi is not the sort of place that one would go alone. But that happened to me when sudden airport closure and flight cancellations due to bad weather stopped my companion from joining me in mid December 2013. I was naturally stressed up as we tried all ways to bring him to Male and we failed. However the attention, care and empathy shown by the Mirihi staff including an upgrade to half board made up for everything. And I got my consolation prize of a whale shark coming my way as I snorkeled at the house reef. Whale sharks are not rare in the Maldives but to see one in the house reef is unbelievable. A staff told me that it has been years since anyone had that encounter. Mirihi will always be etched with the fondest memories in my mind. Am grateful to all the staff especially those at the front desk.

• Stayed: December 2013