“I think you have to be a lifetime local to appreciate this place.”
Review of Burger Nook

Burger Nook
Ranked #17 of 32 Restaurants in Herrin
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Were new to town and went in here for lunch. The cash only policy threw us but we were willing to try it out. Our food was decent, nothing to write home about. They cook old style-the grill is open to the dining room. And the young man cooking not only needed to shower but also some food safety lessons. The server was an older woman who was probably the rudest person I've ever met! When moving to the area we heard the locals aren't friendly to new comers and she definately proved tgat to be true!

There are newer reviews for Burger Nook

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Burger Nook is a local favorite in Herrin, IL. It used to be such a popular spot where you could get a sack full of 6 double cheeseburgers for $4.00. Moist juicy patties with melty cheese, toasted buns & dressed with mustard, pickle & onion standard. Years have passed since that price was available. The Nook has expanded their menu but my favorite is still the classic double cheeseburgers. Just wish they didn't cost so much now. I can go to McDonald's and get a double cheeseburger cheaper. No joke. That's a shame. Hard to patronize your local businesses when they raise the prices so much but I'll give them 5 stars for tastiness.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

slow service ,dirty ,food was bad,but you get what you pay for

Been to Burger Nook? Share your experiences!