“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Might be better to have a delivery then you know that all your food will be served at the same time. We ordered a bottle of wine but had to ask to see the wine list, wine was good & at a nice price..they serve fresh bread with a small cup of garlic/olive oil..we asked for more bread but they did not refill the olive oil. We ordered a salad and Veal Parmesan..salad was served and we had two forks full and the Veal was served..when we told the waiter that it is served too soon SORRY I thought it would take longer and he left..maybe the staff was trained at a drive-thru. After we started our veal a manager asked how everything was and I told him that salad & veal was served at the same time he said "Who was your waiter".(now we have a manager who does not know who handles the tables) he left. Some lady yelled to us on the way out...come again...I don't think so. Pretty loud if you want a nice dinner.

1  Thank Pianopilot

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband, son and I eat here regularly, and have for several years. The atmosphere is upscale cozy and warm, and the food is consistently excellent. The bruschetta is our all-time favorite; we have tried to find better at other restaurants but are always disappointed in comparison. It's a great place for a romantic date night or a weekly celebration of life. The portions are huge, so order conservatively, or do what we do and take the rest home for lunch the next day. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and the maitre'd knows us by name, including our son, and always greats us with a warm hug and a kiss on each cheek. Talk with him a while and you just might be serenaded in Italian! All in all, highly recommended!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Finally visited this restaurant. The lasagna was one of the best I've ever had, even rivaling those found in the country of origin. The meat sauce was superb and the lasagna was moist and succulent. Not an ounce of over dried pasta! Also, the baked clams were tender and moist. Not rubbery or overcooked. The owner came to our table and wanted to know how we were enjoying the cuisine/wine. She was elegant and friendly. In the adjoining room there was a birthday party for young teens. The music didn't go into the dining room but you can see they were all having fun. When departing, I wanted to join in the fun and "have the moves like Jagger"! They were all dancing. Of course, it probably was the glass of chianti that did it. Definitely will be back. thanks for having an elegant Italian restaurant to entertain clients and guests near O'Hare.

1  Thank TravelJewels45
Reviewed February 12, 2011

My whole family enjoy visiting this restaurant so much!!!! the food is great, the service, the atmosphere, the music, the staff, we really recommend it. We also pick this restaurant for family events. My friends, my husband and I are celebrating Valentine's Day tonight!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2009

My husband and I love to go to Cucina Biagio any time we want to celebrate life. The atmosphere is great, including tall, circular booths that make you feel like royalty as you enjoy dinner and a very attentive wait staff.

As for the food - WOW - we've loved every entree. My personal favorite is the lobster ravioli special, which is handmade and covered in a vodka sauce. The servings are huge and make for great leftovers the next day as well.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice, romantic Italian dinner.

1  Thank Diana5241