Bee Cottage Farm Guest House
  • Pool
$268
$178
  • Restaurant
Beamish Park Hotel(Marley Hill)
$79
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
$71
  • Restaurant
Close House Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswarm welcomecoast to coaston arrivalstunning countryside viewslovely couplebreakfast was excellentcyclistsdavidcyclinghostdogmealmileswifewildlifeensuite
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Arrived after a long day cycling the C2C and was immediately welcomed into the house by Irene.
Was shown my room and Irene turned the radiators in the room up to full because I was very chilled after a soaking in the rain.
The room was clean but a little tired, the ensuite was again clean but tired. Everything worked but everything needed replacing.

Irene and David are lovely hosts, but they might just be starting to get a bit `past it`. Equally we (the travellers) are all very spoilt by property owners continuously upgrading fixtures and fittings on a scheduled basis using tax deducability as a reason to renew and renew.
Irene and David are from another time when `make do and mend` was the norm and there`s nothing wrong with that at all.

Overall a very pleasant house with a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with clear views of the fells.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AnaestheticD
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I come up North several times a year to visit family and we always stay at Bee Cottage. Irene and David are great hosts and we are always made most welcome therefore I am completely amazed to read reviews to the contrary! I know that Irene has been 'out of action' recently due to ill health and I'm assuming that is the reason for 'dusty rooms' as they have always been perfectly clean for our stays (I cannot comment on the annexe as we have always stayed in rooms in the main house). The evening meals are very good value for money and I can highly recommend the braised beef! We are very much looking forward to our next visit pre-Christmas!!

Room Tip: Room 5 is particularly pleasant with stunning views!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Karen P
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The location is quiet and the linen was clean. That is the only good thing I can say about my stay. There was no help with the luggage on arrival and our host was not welcoming. The room was thick with dust as was the dining area where we took meals. The shower was not clean with black mould on the doors. The exterior of the property is dilapidated with rotting woodwork and paint peeling off,the garden completely overgrown, the interior decor is tired and dated and there is nowhere comfortable to sit. One lounge adjoins the kitchen where the top of the kitchen door is always open, letting through loud music and cooking smells which eventually become stale and unpleasant. The host, a rather unkempt individual, spends most of his time in the kitchen -( together with two cats! ) but the food does not merit the time spent. Visit England .com should seriously considered down grading this guest house and an inspector for Food Hygiene should visit.

Room Tip: I could not recommend staying there
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Jackie W
Reviewed September 15, 2011

we stayed at bee cottage in july and arrived to a warm welcome after a long days riding the room was warm and clean ,the food was great. when we ride the c2c again we will definitely be staying here ,if its good enough for the rapha condor sharp boys then its good enough for me as they were there at the same time.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We were doing the C2C and David and Irene made up very welcome. We opted for their 3 course dinner, which was extremely good value, cooked with real care and really tasty. Next we do the C2C it would definitely be on our route

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family