“One of the Best Friday Fish Frys Around!”
Review of Big Foot Inn

Big Foot Inn
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Harvard
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Located about 15 minutes from Fontana, WI, just across the border in IL, this place has a great fish fry. For $11.95, you get applesauce, rolls and butter, German Potato Salad, potato pancakes, and fried cod. Quite tasty; fish portions are generous and not greasy. Broiled fish is also available. For a quiet dinner, eat in one of the front rooms. Back room accommodates large groups but it quite noisy. Place has quite a large menu and a 'supper-club- feel. While many fish fry venues come and go, seems like this one has been around for as long as I can remember...Doreen was an excellent server and we enjoyed her sassy banter!

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Although the decor is old and tired, the Friday fish fry is by far the best in the whole Lake Geneva/ Delavan area. I've heard that the broiled fish is good, but that somehow seems like sacrilege to order. Fried is the way to go!! All you can eat- yum! Potato pancakes are crispy and perfectly seasoned. Add applesauce on top and you are in heaven! Waitstaff remembers you if you go a few times and asks if you would like a ( fill in your favorite drink). Pretty impressive for this place out in the middle of nowhere. You won't be disappointed with the fish fry- it is traditional Wisconsin all the way!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have gone to this restaurant for years and having moved away from the Lake Geneva area about 10 years ago I miss the Friday fish fry. I went back recently and I have to tell you I miss this place. Just good solid food, nothing fancy, but great portions. Prices are more than reasonable. I wish there were a place in Tucson for a Friday fish fry! Maybe the owner could open a place here. I for one would be there in a heart beat.

2  Thank gastrnome
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This restaurant has been a fixture in the community where I grew up and when I return to that community, I always look forward to dining there. Friday night fish fries are done right with a choice of deep fried or broiled cod. I always take the potato pancake option, and plenty of German potato salad, slaw, applesauce come with the meal. Staff are attentive and one specific fellow won't let your water glass get below half full. We returned for the Father's Day champagne brunch and found a variety delicious dishes, some expected, some not, which made it all the better. This is a wonderful place to bring family and guests. Its unexpected location on the Illinois/Wisconsin state line where US 14 crosses in the little hamlet of Big Foot, makes it a memorable regional destination.

1  Thank Geronimo48