“We had a perfectly comfortable stay and, in fact, enjoyed being a bit off the beaten track.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Harvard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Harvard
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I are living in separate parts of the country, so we decided to rendezvous in Chicago for the weekend. I picked him up at O'Hare, and we spent a relaxing night at Heritage Inn & Suites before heading into the city to meet other friends. We had a perfectly comfortable stay and, in fact, enjoyed being a bit off the beaten track. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank peters_catie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 5, 2010

When I surveyed the room at first check in, I noticed hair everywhere in the bathroom and sink area, the floor hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. It was not a little dirty, but grime that was build up over long periods of poor cleaning. There was even still feces in the toilet. The hotel also has a very pervasive odor, and the other members of our party even commented on it, so I know it wasn't just my own nose. They also offer free internet, but it is very erratic.

I made the front desk aware of the room issues, and asked them to clean the room while I left for a bit. When I returned 6 hours later, nothing had been touched. When I saw the same desk clerk the next day, she made it a point to ignore me. What is even more comical about this whole stay, is that they have a big placard at the front desk that asks you to make them aware of any issues right away and not wait until you check out. Guess they lied.

The price they charge for the cleanliness of this hotel is just unbelievable. I would stay far far away...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank gypsy0529

Travelers are raving about these Harvard hotels

Bloomingdale, IL
Reviewed December 18, 2009

For the life of me I can't understand all the negative reviews of this place. I've stayed there four or five times over the last two or three years. The room has always been clean and well appointed. The staff has always been courteous and competant. It probably has the warmest, most comfortable swimming pool of any place I've stayed in the area, and the price is right.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank bobcat56056
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 29, 2009

This was and is still just a mess. They over charged me and I ended up paying for the room 3 times. The girl working the desk seemed confused and ended up just not knowing how to do her job. I am very unhappy and suggest that you DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago land
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My family and I chose to stay in this “hotel” because we had a party to attend in the area. We had several choices, but chose this one based on the distance and mainly because they have a swimming pool as I have children that would have enjoyed that. The rooms are TINY!! It reminded me of a motel definitely not a hotel..
The experience started out bad when I arrived at this “hotel”. The line to check in was a little excessive, there were 3 employees and only ONE of them was functioning, checking people in and I had to wait way too long, I have stayed in many, many hotels and never had to wait that long! That should have been my red flag.
Then we ordered an extra cot/bed, we left to attend the party and arrived back at the "hotel" to find that no cot/bed was delivered!! It was late and that is unacceptable and unprofessional!
Then the next morning my children and I anxiously tried to go use the swimming pool and we were informed that it was not going to open until 10am..Check out time is at 11am..How do you expect a family to take a swim and go to their room, shower and check out by 11am? That’s completely ridiculous! I wish I were informed of that before I made the choice to use this “hotel”.
I travel a lot. I am in that area a lot, however I will never use that establishment again!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank HairMaster
Chicago
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Clean room, decent amenities, staff was nice.
The only drawback was the bath towel was paper thin and scratchy.
I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Dad_of_the_future
Chicago
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I stay at the heritage inn on a regular basis and I have never come up with any problems involving my stay. The employee's have never been anything but helpful, the rooms are always clean and up to my standards, and the rates are the best in the area. They have a great pool and hot tub that is definatly a plus! I would highly reccomend that if you are in the harvard area you stay at this plesant hotel.

• Liked — The staff is always very helpful
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harvard
Super 8 Woodstock
#4 of 8 in Beloit
Fontana Village Inn
Fontana Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Fontana

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Harvard? Share your experiences!