Lewis & Clark State Historic Site & Interpretive Center
Reviewed March 18, 2013

New and well laid out. Hardly a soul the day we visited. Off the beaten path. Good place to cool down.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I like to visit this center although it is more like a museum +. It is one of the best sites I have ever visited in Illinois. I highly recommend it for a family visit.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is good stop. Give yourself a couple of hours to look at all the exhibits. Some great history for the kids.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

This campsite isnt much, but I get a great feeling standing on the same ground as great people. You know your on the camp site because this is where YOU would set up your tent. Wow! It's not much for families and that, but history-wise, I always wanted to stand on that ground. 20 years and I finally got there and I'm glad I did. Didnt go to the State Historic Site so I cant judge that. But I'm happy about what saw. Historically, it was while at this camp that Lewis winessed the transfer of the Louisiana Purchase from Spain to France to the U.S. They visited the same spot after eturning from their journey west. It's an historical spot not to be missed. What's cool is there isnt nothing built up around there so you can get a good feel, and actually see the Missouri River across the way.

1  Thank roadtripperAmerica
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We love taking our grandchildren there to share history with them. It's pretty much hands-on for them.