“Hometown Favorite!”

Description: www.mackiespizza.com
Belleville, Illinois
“Hometown Favorite!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The pizza is amazing!!! Best thin crust I have yet to taste. I always get extra sauce, though. I've always had great service, but you have to get a pitcher of soda (helpful hint). I have never visited the new Marion location, but Harrisburg has always given you napkins instead of plates, which I'm more than OK with!

• Visited December 2012

McLeansboro,Illinois
“Good thin crust pizza”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Mackie's in Harrisburg has very good thin crust pizza. The chopped salad is also very good. Service has always been spotty in that sometimes it is good and sometimes it can be very poor. Go there for the food anything else can be a bonus.

• Visited October 2012
“Familia Italiana!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went on a family day trip, and stopped here to eat supper on a Sunday night. It was great! i walked up to the counter, ordered all of my family's food while the fam went to find a good table. Plenty of room for all of us at the table, the waiter brought our food and drinks out in no time and we all shared the pizza, cheese bread, spaghetti and salad. It was really good!!! Refills came by the pitcher, and the atmosphere was great for us all. A few games for the kids, TV's were on (not all sports either) and we had a really good time!

All at a good value too!! Another successful trip!!

• Visited November 2012
Illinois, United States
“Crispy Pizza”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great Pizza, with a Thin Crispy crust that crunchs when you sink you teeth into it. I havent tried their other offerings, as I cant get by without ordering the Pizza

Visited May 2012
Glen Carbon, Illinois
“The Best Thing About Harrisburg!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

One of the best things about living in southern Illinois was the super thin crust of Mackie's pizza. I had an 8" sausage, mushroom & italian green pepper every week until I relocated. I do get to hit up the Marion location when I am visiting but it's not the same. The new location is great but it doesn't have half the character of Harrisburg. The old location, where you eat your pizza on mini napkins, is more my cup of tea than a stack of plates at the table. Plus, they have an old school juke box instead of 60" TVs plastered all over the walls like the Marion location. There are fun games that aren't always broken like the Marion location and the most attractive staff collectively in all of southern Illinois. The pizza is top notch at both and John and Roxy do an amazing job keeping the tradition alive but Harrisburg is far superior to it's new big brother. Adaptive Tip - Get some french dressing on the side to dip the pizza in if you are from up north and needing a Monicals fix. It's hard to tell the difference most times!

• Visited June 2012