“Italian”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Illinois, United States
“Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great Italian food, Pizza, Pasta, etc.. I have tried most things at Morello's. Everything I have tried is Fantastic, One of the more Upscale places in the area. My On gripe is they are a little slow in the Kitchen.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Gary C

Marion, Illinois
“Charged for side that menu said was included in meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

My family ate at Morellos tonight and we were charged $2.99 for a side that, according to the menu, came with the dinner. We brought this to the attention of the waitress, Mia, who then got very rude and told us she had worked there for 4 years and had never had anyone complain. I showed her the menu where it clearly stated the meal came with 1 side. She stood there and argued with us, with her voice raised, until the manager finally stepped in. The manager called my husband "bud", which given the context and tone of his voice, was incredibly condescending. As I was speaking to the manager about the problem, the waitress became upset, said she wasn't dealing with us, and walked off. The manager agreed to refund the charge but had to call the waitress back to help him do it. As she was correcting our ticket, she began saying again that she had worked there for 4 years, and we were wrong. My husband told her that we were not wrong, the menu clearly said the side was included. She then said "I don't know why you are even talking about this, you said it all before." She again said she had worked there for 4 years.
I realize the erroneous charge was only $2.99, however, the manner in which the waitress deal with us was totally unacceptable. The manager was almost as bad and did absolutely nothing as the waitress kept getting more rude.
I used to absolutely love Morellos. In fact, I would get lunch there nearly everyday during the week. After what happened tonight, I will never go back.

• Visited July 2012
Virginia
“gotta have the fried pickles!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Loved that my 2 noisy kids could come in go straight to the video area to not bother everyone else in the restaurant. You appreciate how safe you feel coming back to the midwest when you haven't lived here in years. Morello's with very good service and helping me keep eye on my kids..I should have given them babysitting money too.

• Visited June 2012
nashville, tn
“Good food in a small town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Nice place in Harrisburg, IL. We went up to help with the storm damage. Ate several time at this family owned restaurant. It has an Italian theme but has other items. Good little pasta/pizza/salad bar for lunch.

• Visited March 2012
Hutsonville, IL
“Very Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Great restaraunt for such a small town. My husband had a small pizza and I had a pasta dish. Both very good. Service was very good as well. We agreed that if we were in Harrisburg again we would definitely eat here again.

• Visited November 2011