“Very nice!” 5 of 5 bubbles

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The scenery here is beautiful. There is a small fee for wine tasting but you get to try all of his wines. They have won many medals and the wines are very good. I lean toward a cabernet my friend leans toward a Riesling but we both loved all the wines and had a hard time choosing which ones to take back home.
You cannot purchase any of these wines in a store or restaurant. Only can be purchased at the winery.
Nice seating areas to enjoy your wine.
I have to go back to this winery!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cherylyn A

Itasca, Illinois
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Wonderful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Decided to stop in on a Monday afternoon and we were the only people there. The place is beautiful as mentioned and the views from the winery are really incredible. Yet, what really made the visit was the owner Jared, who went above and beyond in his hospitality by taking us on a tour of the facilities, including a portion of his home there. Really couldn't have asked for more. Spent 2 hours there and felt welcomed every moment there. This would not have been possible on a busy day but he definitely didn't have to be as wonderful and attentive as he was. If yiu are planning an event, whether corporate or a wedding, I would highly recommend this place if our experience was indicative of what will be provided. If you're in the Galena area, stop by for a tasting.

1 Thank eagledemps
Monroe, Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I toured the winery Valentines Day. Owner is great! Loved his dog! Enjoyed the wine tasting! The grounds and views are beautiful! I can't wait to visit during the summer and sit on their patio!

Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great wine and wonderful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I have been visiting Galena for a while, but we never took the time to go to Rocky Waters until this past fall. My parents had gone and really enjoyed themselves.

The winery overlooks acres of farmland. There is a nice patio section, and a large window in the tasting room so you can enjoy the scenery and wine. The wine is excellent and moderately priced.

When we visited, the tasting room was somewhat crowded, but I felt like the owner was still attentive and helpful. My husband and I will most likely return next time we visit Galena.

Visited October 2013
Peoria, Illinois
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great views, great wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Kyle is great and did a great job describing all the wines as you go. For $5 you get to sample 14 wines and with purchases your $5 fee is lowered. The main building offers the best views around and is very peaceful and quiet. We will definetly not pass up Rocky Waters when we are in the Galena area.

Visited September 2013