“Quaint restaurant with great food.”
Review of Casa Di Zia Mia - CLOSED

Casa Di Zia Mia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant because they offered gluten free pasta. Although the gluten free pasta is not homemade you could couple it with any of the choices on the menu. My wife had the Alfredo sauce and I had the lemon chicken sauce. Both were excellent and the pasta was perfectly cooked. Several of the wines from the list are from a local winery and can be purchased by the glass or by the bottle. The staff was very friendly and the service was excellent. We will definitely return.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

A little hidden gem in Richmond, just outside Ottawa. The food and service here were excellent. This little place does a good job of walking the line between genuine Italian feel and wanabe Italian feel. My wife had the lobster ravioli and said it was delicious (I cannot confirm this as she would not share) I had the kitchen sink pasta which was very good and the kids had the Kay's Lasagna which was excellent . Serving sizes were perfect size not too big, but a good meal size. The dessert was also very good. A modest restaurant with a fabulous menu...well done! I would recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Aaron D
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Richmond has been in such need for a good restaurant for years. This is the closest there has been for over 20 years. The decor is not great. Old pub tables and chairs that have sort of been dressed up to look better, but not quite pulling it off. Rest of the decor is confusing and a bit dowdy. Several of the food items are quite good. Many pastas a better than average and I like the chicken Gorgonzola. Roasted potatoes are excellent. Caesars sald is not great..tastes like bottled dressing and no name croutons. As a staple in an Italiaan restaurant this can be and should be fixed.the meat balls are great. Specials are often excellent. Some things are great...others ok. Please add one or two more wines by the glass. We want to keep you open..with a few tweaks you could be here for a long time.

2  Thank Babs621
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Chicken Parmesan was succulent with a crispy finish, the cheese melted just right and the helpings generous. Make sure to leave room for the best damn pecan pie I've ever encountered.

2  Thank KevinKim17
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been to Casa Di Zia Mia twice now both times food was exceptional - homemade pasta and sauces, large poritions served pipping hot, excellent wine list, the staff are knowlegable of the menu, the decor is cozy and intimate but also very welcoming for families with children. Both times my partner order the chicken parmesan is exception and the bruschette one of the best we have ever tasted. I have ordered the salmon hugh porition it was delicious the last visit ordered a pasta dish with jumbo shrimp - the shrimp was endless and cooked to perfection. Since both times we have been so full from our menus we have had to past on dessert - which is homemade buttery pieces of heaven. Casa Di Zia Mis will not disappoint you well worth the drive.

1  Thank Anne B