“excellent stakes”

Dining options: Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“excellent stakes”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Normally Steak houses are very expensive. When we entered the place we had the same expectation. the place is very nicely decorated.

We were in for a surprise when our server introduced some great deals. the quantity and the quality of food was excellent. The steaks were fresh and juicy. The side dishes were very good too.

We loved the place so much that we went there again the very next day for dinner to enjoy another excellent meal.

Visited October 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“A real Star”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

After coming into town late in the evening, the LS was close by. Our party of three was treated nicely. Out of all the franchise steak house, this is the best. The ribeye was great.
I recommend stopping in for dinner.

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great on menu, tough on plate...”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It was quite depressing dining experience. To start, we had to stand and wait until the hostess was all good and ready after her social chat with other staff. With clear disdain that I interrupted her social engagement, she sat us on wet table with a scoff. The waitress was just as indifferent to our need. As for food, the appetizer looks great on the fancy phot menu. Not so on the plate. The orion rign didn't have the crispy look to it. In fact, it was quite soggy with grease. The steaks were leathery tough. It was obvious that they sell inferior quality meat. Very inferior! I also noticed that they tend to overcook. I ordered rare but the steak was cooked all the way through. Barely pink inside. My daughter ordered medium and she got dried up well done.
I wasn't impressed with neither the food nor the service. With high price and painfully ordinary ambiance, if there is a unique selling point to this restaurant, I couldn't see it.

• Visited June 2012
Williamsburg, Iowa
“Nice people but food could be improved.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My kids and I ate there around 4pm on a Thurday. I know that's not always the best time to get the freshest food. My son and I ordered steak, it was cooked a perfest medium as ordered, but the flavor was a bit off. It looked as though the steaks were dipped in oil just before serving as the oil was leaking onto the plate. This was not natural juice, but a salty oil that did not help with the flavor. My daughter ordered ribs. She thought they tasted weird. I tried them and it was obvious these were left over and reheated. They weren't awful, but not what you'd want when eating out. The desserts were very good, but the price is a bit high. I think if we were there during better hours, I suspect our experience would have been improved.

WISCONSIN
“MEAL FIT FOR A SAILOR”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Four of us dined here, very nice atmospere, decient prices, good selection of tap beer, food was excellent. I personally had a Cajun Ribeye which was made to perfection and my two sides were: baked sweet potatoe and steak fries which were very good. The other 3 people had steak and shrimp which they also liked. Only complaint was we had to remind the waiter twice about one of the side dishes one of the other people was suppose to get.

• Visited June 2012