“Great for families would highly recommend”

Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great for families would highly recommend”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with the wife & 2 kids (aged 3 & 4) for a week, we had a room with 2 queen size beds (same as a UK king size bed) as I feel my kids are too young to be on there own.
We paid just under £50 a night for the whole family & no extra charge was added for the kids.
Compared to any British or European hotel, the hotel is out of this world.

All of the staff where extremely friendly, polite & couldn't be more helpful - they made us feel very welcome.
The hotel was quite busy but this didn't seem to affect the staff who still found time for everyone, & remembered who we where.
Check in/out was very speedy & efficient, the lady on reception answered all questions we had about the local area.
Couldn't fault this hotel on cleanliness, I've seen some of the other reviews but I disagree, we never found a single part which wasn't clean.
The room itself was very large & plenty of space for my whole family.
As well as everything you'd expect in a room, it also had a sofa, a plasma TV with lots channels, free wifi (high speed as well), radio alarm clock, tea/coffee facilities, microwave, fridge, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, phone, air conditioning, etc...
Breakfast is included & is a good quality with plenty of choice, great for us to fill up on before going into the park.

A worry for me when staying in the US is crime, however the area around this hotel feel very safe & my family where comfortable walking around.
The hotel is situated with other hotels just outside 6 flags, literally across the road.
Near the hotels are plenty of smaller shops for everything you could need, clothes shops, banks, restaurants, fast food, etc...
We we're in town mainly to visit 6 flags, which is just a few minute walk away, this hotel couldn't be better placed.
There is also a HUGE shopping centre only about a mile away.

The only negative comments I could make are regarding the indoor swimming pool. For adults using the gym it would be great to swim & exercise in. However my kids love diving in, splashing & water slides so it wasn't really suitable for them. However I did know this before my visit so wasn't a problem.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with a family visiting the area & will definitely use again when I return.

Room Tip: We had a standard room with 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words!
I hope the kids enjoyed Six Flags!

Kindest Regards,
TJ Geurtsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
USA
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here one night and will certainly stay here again!
The entire staff was nice and accommodating. I had booked the motel on a web site, and was not aware that it had placed us in king rooms. As I was checking in, my family was unloading the car. After I received our room keys, and the family was now entering the lobby, the woman at the desk called me back over and and voluntarily changed us to two queen rooms, which we so appreciated.
The rooms are updated, comfortable, and super clean. The beds were very nice and had adequate blankets on them. We had recently stayed at a Fairfield Inn close by, and the Fairfield beds have only a sheet and a very thin blanket on them. Also, the heating system in the room was very quiet...not those old, noisy units that wake you up every time they click on an off.
We will most definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are glad to hear that you preferred our beds and the heaters more than some of the others. We hope you enjoyed your visit in Gurnee and stay at our hotel and suites.

Hope to serve you in the future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The rooms are very big and it is very price efficient. The hotel is close to a HUGE mall (1mile+ worth of walking). It is close to the naval base so it's a great place if you have family or friends graduating from bootcamp. It is also very close to the six flag attraction park (which btw does not open in the winter.) It's in a great location with lots of nearby activities such as an ice skating rink, mall, restaurants and movie theater. It was a very clean hotel with lots of amenities.

BTW if you you are going to use the fridge make sure you lower the temperature. It is standardly on freezing mode so just move the knob to the middle :)
Also if you're going to get a manicure in the area there is a nice "Q Nail" salon on the near plaza. The service quality there is much better than at the mall.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd and 1st floor they are both nice and quiet but it is nicer on the second floor as y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

We truly appreciate your review and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the walk to the mall and the salon in the nearby plaza. I am guessing by your review you were here for the Navy Graduation and we would like to congratulate your family for the same.

Please do visit us in the future and help us make your stay memorable.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked this hotel for the day after Christmas thru Sunday the 30th. I'm from Waukegan originally and was coming home for a visit and was really glad when I called the hotel directly and they matched the Priceline quote I had found online (I wanted to make sure I would get a 2 bed room vs one king). The hotel is very VERY clean, the rooms are much bigger than I thought. Ours had 2 queen beds and a separate sitting area with a couch that pulled out. It also included a flat panel TV, microwave and mini fridge, and the sink area is outside the bathroom, making it a great choice for us since we were two ladies who needed occasional mirror time. :)
Checking in and out was a breeze, and when my final bill wasn't exactly what I was quoted, it was changed without incident. The breakfast wasn't anything too over the top, but we had selection enough that we weren't left hungry. I noticed the hot tub wasn't open, but we were too busy to even go into the pool so it wasn't a bother for me. Free wifi...lots of room to move around...a clean space and the beds were super comfy. We will without a doubt stay here again. We had room 126 on the main floor right at the end of the hallway and it was perfect.
Thank you for making my return home a great one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was my pleasure to be of service during your stay and we hope to enhance your experience in the future.

clayton nc
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although I have stayed at best western hotels before,this was my first time staying here at the one in Gurnee and overall it was a great experience. First of all the price I paid for my room was in my opinion a decent deal since the hotel seemed to be pretty much booked. The front desk employee was very friendly and informed me on local restaurants to try.I settled on the irish pub that was close by. The room was comfortable but the toilet did run that first night.Not a huge deal,but more annoying than anything.I did tell the front desk about it and it was promptly fixed. Over the hotel is a good one and very convenient to I-94

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Waunakee, WI
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was our third stay at the Best Western Gurnee Hotel and Suites. Staff were accomodating with all three trips. I recommend to book directly with hotel, vs. online. During each stay we were perfectly delighted with reception - Hetal (front desk manager) should recieve an award for her attention to detal and her cusotmer service. Two stays were with friends on Christmas Shopping Trip, and third stay was with childern to Six Flags- Great America. One one stay I booked on line- what a mistake. Hetal was able to help us the best she could, and our trip was saved by her efforts. The hotel is often booked full, so plan ahead.

Rooms are CLEAN. Beds are VERY comfortable. We used the pool with the kids, and they enjoyed it. I was able to have coffee 24/7 at the front desk area. Room staff are very polite and do a wonderful job making each of my stays enjoyable.

The hotel is very close to the mall. There is a free shuttle. Great America is right across the street, but you can save $20 in parking if you take the free shuttle. Several places to eat right around the hotel, within walking distance.

Wonderful breakfast available each day until 10am. A different menu, including hot foods (eggs, pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage) fruits, cereal, toast, bagels, juice, milk...the list goes on. We felt we were staying for free, after eating the breakfast, as we would have spent the price of the room alone for a meal for the 4 of us.

During most recent stay we were able to have adjoining rooms for our two rooms. It was nice and relaxing to be able to use our rooms for visiting. The rooms are large- with a couch, table, and chairs for visiting. The fridge was COLD when we arrived- unlike other hotels.

I feel like we can not go wrong when selecting this hotel. Our group of friends usually pick a new city to Christmas Shop in each year...but after staying at this hotel, we feel we will return year after year. It is great to know that we have found a hotel that meets our needs.

Again, Hetal is a true gem. It was not just with our group. I sat in the lobby for a short time waiting for friends, and saw her interactions with many guests- each leaving her with a smile. if things were not right- she made sure that she did everything possible to make it best posssible stay.

Room Tip: If possible, stay in room facing pakring lot/entry area. The busy street has a lot of traffic, and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for taking time to wroite about your visit at our hotel. We hope you enjoyed your stay as stated in the review and we hope to correct and fulfill any concerns you may have had in the future.

Happy Holidays,