“Great Weekend. Thanks”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Stratford, Canada
“Great Weekend. Thanks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I didn't want to spend a lot for this weekend, and this hotel is priced right. For the price, I thought there would be a lot less amenities, but I was pleased that there was not only free breakfast included and high speed internet (my two main requirements), but the room was a suite with the bed separate from the sitting room. It was a comfortable room. I didn't use the poo, spal or exercise room but was very pleased with the things they did offer that I utilized. The room was welcoming and warm - I liked the decor very much - very homey. Although Six Flags was not in my scope of entertainment, their television channels and the Cuneo Mansion just down the road was an added benefit I did enjoy. I will come back again when I am in the area – it was a pleasant stay. Even though the hotel was full, the room was quiet and warm – I like heat. The staff at the front desk was friendly and gave me instructions for places around the area with good direction. I have been wary of a lot of hotels lately, but this one seems like a newer hotel and not a poor renovated model that remains poor. I will certainly come back again and will refer this hotel to my friends, especially those with families who want a weekend romping through Six Flags.

Room Tip: Book ahead and request where you want to be.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We ensure you the best in hospitality during your next visit.

Happy Holidays,

Jeshal Sheth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
neenah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

we had a wonderful time. the hotel room was very clean and quiet even though is seemed full. we had the pool area all to ourselves which was great. it is close to eating places of all sorts and close to gurnee mills. the breakfast was very good. everything was well stocked and even included sugar free syrup and sugar free lemonade and yogurt low in carbs, which was a nice thought for a diabetic. you don't see that very often. the woman at the front desk during the day was very helpful and kind. kudos to her.. i did not catch her name though. we will return for a visit..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for staying with us and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently. We do pay attention to minute details as you mentioned and we simply want to serve you the best in hospitality.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We spent a weekend at this hotel. The room was clean and had a decent breakfast. Only negative is all the noise. We were on the first floor and the folks above us were extremlly noisy stomping around after midnight. We also got the joy of listening to the washers & dryers one morning, real loud and annoying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jayco4
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We apologize for the noise and we have trained our guest representatives to keep a check on the noise.

Parish, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband & I came to Great Lakes & Gurnee, Illinois to attend my daughter's graduation from the Naval Station. We had booked a room with a King size bed but we were given a suite with two double beds. That was okay with us. It was a large room with a pull-out bed with large screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. We thought the breakfast was excellent! The service was good. I enjoyed the small swimming pool. This hotel is close to just about anything you would look for when you are traveling away from home. The one thing I was disappointed in was the fact that the website I used said this hotel offered a shuttle service to the Naval Base and it in fact does not. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is about 20 minutes drive to the Naval Base.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Murphyavril
Dear Sir/Madam,

We apologize for the misscommunication, we do offer the shuttle to the base, however you need to book a specific rate.

We do thank you for choosing us in the future and enjoying your past stay. Congratulations on the graduation of your son.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had booked two double Queen rooms 9days in advance. I drove from out of state with a group of seven only to find out they only had reserved me one, even though i provided paper work with confirmation number. I was told there wasn't anything they could do and had to stay in a different hotel with single Queen rooms across the interstate. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody

Stayed October 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We apologize for your experience, I am certain there must have been a misunderstanding and if given a call to the hotel we could take care fo this issue.

Hope you do stay with us again, as we would always honor any and all reservations.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I had a weekend free of kids and decided to go across state line to Gurnee Il. Stayed at Best Western and it was a very pleasant stay. The lady at the front desk Hetal was excellent. She gave us recommendations and even had coupons to some of the places. They are in a good location for kids also right by Chuck E Cheese and Golden Corral when we go back with the kids we will be staying there. The rooms where cleans free breakfast wasn't bad either.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for your review and we hope you do visit us back with your kids, I am sure they will have a lot to do in the area.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for one night in August, to visit the shopping outlets! We arrived at midday and we were greeted by the friendly staff who took our bags for us until we were able to check in! We visited the shopping mall by taxi, because it was raining! I'm not sure exactly how to get there by foot, because the hotel is directly beside a motorway.
When we returned, we checked in and were given our keys. The hotel is small enough, with only 3 floors. The room was fabulous! Large king bed, sofa, desk, TV, wifi, fridge, microwave, bathroom etc. It was very clean too. It is located beside some nice restaurants, all within walking distance.
The breakfast the next morning was very good for a continental breakfast, with waffles, eggs, sausages, cereals, breads, muffins, juices, tea, coffee etc. Very enjoyable, albeit for the number of noisy kids around us!
We never used the pool or hot tub, because to be honest, it looked very small and there were a couple of noisy families in it at the time. It did not look too appealing for us, coming away for a quiet weekend!
Overall, the hotel is in a great location, very friendly staff, and super clean rooms! I would definitely return here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Spet6
Dear Madam,

We thank you for your stay with us in August, and I hope you did enjoy the area along with the hotel amenities and services. We apologize for our pool being small and the noisy families, we will work towards controlling the noise and creating equal ooportunity for all our guests.

We hope you do visit us in the future.