“Not sure about next time”

Fairfield Inn Chicago Gurnee
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Chicago, Illinois
“Not sure about next time”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Not the best for quiet and beds were not comfortable

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Perfect hotel super staff and great places to eat and mall walking distance. Across the highway from Six Flags. I am looking forward to my next trip to the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We arrived here on a Saturday afternoon and traveled across the parking lot to the Gurnee Mills mall. I hit the Bass Pro with my son, while my wife and daughter hit several places in the mall.

On Sunday we spend the day at Six Flags. I booked the parking pass and park tickets online before we left on vacation and saved significantly on the gate price.

The hotel was "the norm" for what you would expect to get at a Fairfield. The location was the best point.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Madison , WI
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We stayed at this Fairlfield because of the location, and the price. We usually stay at Residence Inns. I was not overly impressed with this property. I didn't like the lay-out of the bathroom. The bathroom was also kind of shabby. The shower curtain rod was drooping, and a couple shower curtain rings were missing.
The breakfast was not very impressive. They seemed to ration the food out. The coffee was good though. After a long day of work I was really looking forward to sitting in the hot tub. The pool area is small, but it was spotless. The hottub had so much chlorine in it our eyes turned red, and we had trouble breathing. We got out and spoke to the manager. They then shut it down. We were told that the chemicals were put in manually so they didn't know how they could have been so off. I guess I just had a bad exsperience with the property. It is fine for what it is, but didn't really make us want to return.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Tampa, FL
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We decided to stay there in Gurnee on our way to Wisconsin, mainly to check out the big Gurnee Mills shopping center. Hotel had an absolutely charming hostess who made check-in a real nice experience. The hotel was packed with young kids, a girls softball team I think, but the rooms concealed the noise well. Overall it was not a bad little room, however I was disappointed in the size of the rooms, smaller than I'm used to and was really surprised to learn that they did not have any fridge and microwave. That was definitely a no-no so for that alone I have to give this hotel a C+ rating. The breakfast was very meager and what they had to eat had to be microwaved or prepared by the guest. I am not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Poteau, Ok
Reviewed November 27, 2008

Hey, after reading all the reviews from the Navy Boot Camp webpage, I didn't think there was a decent and affordable hotel in the area. But WOW, we found a great one. The manager worked with us and let us add 2 extra weekend nights for the same rate. The breakfast was very good. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's about 10 miles from the base and is very easy to get to. There is a mall and several shopping centers and eating places within walking distance to 3 miles. If you have a son/daugher graduating from the Navy Boot Camp, I would highly recommend this hotel. (But leave the hotel by 6:30 for the graduation) Even if we are going to Chicago for a vacation, we'll be back to stay here. Thanks Fairfield Inn.
Marshall

• Liked — close to where we needed to go
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 16, 2008

I booked a short, two day trip for myself and my three daughters, ages 5,7,& 11, for shopping and a day at Great America on the spurr of the moment on priceline (great rate with "name your own price") I even called back and asked them to extend my planned one night trip to two and they agreed at the same great price.

The hotel is very easy to find. We were able to walk to many resturants and the Gurnee Mills Outlet mall. It was only a 5 minute drive to Great America.

The hotel was perfectly cleaned, from the lobby to the pool, common areas and our room. We had a king bed with a pull out sofa bed. It was decorated nicely, and was plenty big for the four of us. The bathroom was newer and large enough to be comfortable in. Staff was very friendly and took care of our every need. Breakfast was hot and plenty to choose from. You cannot go wrong with this hotel. We'll come back again!

• Liked — Location, Location, Location.
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was perfect
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank got4kids