“2 night stay December 2013 found poor cleaning”

Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here as part of a very brief business trip. The size of this king suite, furnishings, internet, etc. was very adequate and functional for my purposes. Overall I was very pleased that is until I had to move the pillows to plug in the wall mounted light. Behind and under the headboard was filthy, obviously a spot no housekeeping vacuum has visited in months. Considering this is right next to where the guest lays and breathes, I was grossed out. Sorry Hampton Inn, what would have been a highly rated visit, especially with 8 pm fresh cookies, was severely tainted by dust, dirt, and filth under the headboard.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee

Reviewed December 16, 2013

A very good experience in all aspects starting with the check in process all the way through check out and breakfast. Bed was comfortable, room was very, very clean and well done. Room was quiet and no hallway or outside noise. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Gurnee, Illinois.

1  Thank Raymond G
Reviewed December 13, 2013

very nice breakfast offered. large group staying and some items were empty. I suggested to the hotel desk that another person might be needed to handle the large group. Food is good, variety is great. If you want cookies at 8 p.m. Do Not look for them at 7:59 p.m. It was strange that I was reminded that they would not be put out until 8 p.m. one minute later.

1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed here for 4th of July weekend and had an amazing stay. The staff was friendly, the hotel was clean and quiet, and the beds are super comfy! We checked in pretty late and had no problem getting keys for our room. We purchased the hotel package that included six flags tickets- and may I say, that was genius! Six Flags is just across the street from the hotel. We actually drove to the park, but walking is totally doable. (TIP: If you do park at six flags they'll let you leave and return with a parking receipt- the park is huge and food is pretty expensive so we came back to the hotel to rest and eat). I would definitely recommend staying here! Great deal! Oh, and free breakfast (I’m not a morning person so I missed out :( )!

Room Tip: King size bed = Happiness If your heading to Six Flags, book the hotel package that includes ticket...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gabrielle G
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Staff was friendly and always ready to help. Room was clean and quiet. The bed was VERY comfortable. Close to Chicago, but not too close. Great restaurant/bar within walking distance. Close proximity to shopping and Six Flags. Safe neighborhood!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dianna J
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Enjoyed our stay was super clean and fresh in fact I forgot my tooth paste and went down stairs they gave me one for free that made me so happy. And I was able to use my AAA discount very nice trip we had for business. Will come back one day really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria A
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I wish I could remember the name of the sweet girl that greeted us upon arrival. We came into town a little late and she was kind on the phone as well as in person. Also, when we checked out of the hotel the gentleman who was working the desk was very helpful in giving directions. I had a great stay with the Hampton! Friendly staff! Clean rooms! And great location! They even recommended great places to eat within walking distance!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family