“Perfectly Thin Crust”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I can not believe that we had never stopped here. We are always driving by Kaiser's on our frequent trips to Six Flags Great America but there has always been some excuse for us not to stop. One of our excuses was that the parking lot always seems to be packed. Is that really a valid excuse?

It was a weird weather day for Six Flags. The temperature was over 70 degrees in October but it started raining at 2pm. The rides were still running because there was no thunder or lightning. So we decided to take a break at the Gurnee Mall. As we were driving back to Six Flags there was a hunger strike in the car, we went to the internet and started looking all of the restaurants we have never tried.

Kaiser's kept coming up as a suggestion in the group and before we knew it we were pulling up in the parking lot. We were extremely lucky that the lot was not crowded at all. So I couldn't use that excuse today! We later learned that one of the staff members was getting married that day and that may have caused them not being packed. So congrats on your wedding and thanks because we were able to grab a table without waiting.

The two young kids at the front counter looked a little confused when we walked in. I think they also might have been taking phone orders too, so multitasking for a teenager is probably not a strong skill set for them. The girl seemed real hesitant about where to sit us in the dinning room. She finally told us to just take the round table in the corner of the dinning room. Her lack of confidence led us to asking if we could sit in the bar and she said, "Yes go anywhere you want in there!"

I am so glad that we sat in the bar because we were able to meet Wendy who was the bartender slash waitress in the bar area. Her section was really dead and I love helping out the staff that is not making any money.

The bar was great. They were playing about 3 different college football games and one baseball playoff game. The TV's were in kind of weird positions except for the main one over the bar. But I am a dude and I can see any game I want from any position because that is how I roll. TV's in a sports bar were never made to be comfortable. If you want comfortable just go home and crash on your couch. I am not a huge college football guy anyway but I was happy to see Wisconsin win big.

Wendy our server was really nice. She quickly grabbed us a pitcher of beer along with frosted pint glasses. She even grabbed our little one paper and crayons to color. Our little one created some Halloween photos and gave them to Wendy. Wendy spoke to the owner and they planned on putting them up on the wall. So that was really cool and nice plus my little one was very excited about that. I also must mention that Wendy brought us two fresh chilled glasses after we finished our first beers. The pitcher was also a great deal at $7.50. I am glad that my wife asked if they served pitchers because many places do not do that anymore. A pitcher of beer seems so old school but it always the best deal.

We also put our order in for a 16" inch thin crust pizza. When the pizza arrived it was cooked perfectly. The curst was super thin and crunchy all the way through every bite. We looked at each other and could not believe we had never stopped in here. This is going to be our go to place when we are at Six Flags from now on. Great pizza and beer prices without breaking the bank. I also must mention the sauce had a nice sweet taste to it and the cheese was very good quality. The pizza was not greasy at all and satisfied our whole family. We are huge fans of Kaiser's now. In fact, I think we might be considered regulars at this location.

We are also not going to be scared of that full parking lot either. I noticed that they had a few picnic tables located outside. If worse comes to worse we are going to order our pizza to go and eat in the parking lot. Yeah it is that good and I am not going to be denied anymore.

We are so glad that we finally stopped in and it has become one of our favorite places for thin crust pizza. Wendy our server in the bar area was amazing. She was friendly and helpful for all of our stupid questions. She was also very nice to our little one, which is high marks for me when it comes to customer service. Pizza places are all about sharing food and sharing is all about being family. Thanks for letting us be a part of the family and we can not wait to come back.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

So my aunt/uncle live in Gurnee, within walking distance of Kaisers Pizza. We visited them in mid July and they recommended we visit Kaisers for pizza. It was a Friday night and of course busy. Seating was limited, but again you just have to plan ahead. We had ordered our pizza upon arrival. The hostess said we could order and if a table in the bar area opened up, we could just sit there. One eventually freed up and we were good to go. Pizza arrived within 30 min. Just ordered 2 large thin crust pizza’s and boy were they delicious. So glad they recommended this place. I am getting hungry as I type of this review. My 2 boys (ages 8 & 10) enjoyed the pizza and the Shirley Temples I got for them from the bar. The staff was very friendly and made sure we were taken care of also. Lady Bartender that night was so nice as well and always made sure we were looked after. Anytime we are in town visiting, this will be a spot to visit for sure.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I have lived near Kaisers for 20 years and since I can remember I have seen some of the same people working there year after year. The pizza is always good and the chicken strips. They tend to change the fries around alot so thats kinda hit or miss. But overall we love Kaisers.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Go here one time every week! Great pizza with specials Mon-Thurs. locally owned. service always good. friendly bartenders and the place is always busy. Dont know where KRobb went but Gurnee has ALOT of places to go, a lot of pizza places, Kaisers is great and I go out to eat a lot!,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The kid and girlfriend got pasta,it was cold.My pizza was wrong.It took another 1/2 to get correct pizza,there was hardly any body in the place.Very slow service.