Oberweis Ice Cream and Dairy Store
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Gurnee
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great ice cream!! Lots and lots of flavors and toppings. I had a hot fudge and caramel sundae. Very generous with their serving sizes too. I also hear at holiday times their eggnog is to die for. Wish they had more locations.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Good creamy ice cream. I ordered a hot fudge sundae in a waffle cone. The servers did not seem to understand what I wanted. I'm guessing waffle bowls are just more common. No big deal. It had minimal hot fudge on it. But the ice cream is outstanding. You can purchase a half gallon glass jug of fabulous chocolate milk. The bottle is returnable for exchange and purchase of refill. (Like a growler). It was part of our vacation so the cost was fine.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Never expected to eat this creamy ice cream. It is a lot better than a gelato.

Try the scooped ice cream and the shake.

Very sinful but super delicious.

The fresh milk and chocolate milk they sell is really good also.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We had fantastic food, with friendly and caring staff that provided fantastic service. Would highly recommend! Yummy!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The ice cream at Oberweis is good, but it's also EXPENSIVE!!!
I couldn't believe what I paid for a small dish of ice cream for just my child and me. It's too bad...I won't be back very often...I'll buy a couple of cartons of Breyers instead.