“Surprised”

The In-Laws
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went there for Sunday brunch. Very nice. The food was good. Price reasonable. Decided to have my daughters bridal shower here.

There are newer reviews for The In-Laws

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I like the food here - a lot - the servers have gotten to know my family and I over the years and are charming. I really enjoy being able to go in here and recognize folks and be treated well. I am very upset about how the evening staff handles things however and I don't like the young kids running the bar at all but if that does not bother you this is a good spot.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family and I have been to this location several times over the years. We will typically go on Sunday's for their buffet after we've had church. The food on the buffet is very good and the servers keep the drinks coming and are for the most part attentive.
My issue comes with the atmosphere. While the restaurant may want to bill itself as a family type place the clients at times can be a bit rowdy. My family - which includes my wife and 2 kids and on this occasion my in-laws - were extremely dissapointed in the managements inability to confront loud folks. On this particular occasion some parents of a hockey team decided to drink in the bar while they left their 8 kids around the entrance to the restaurant unattended and yelling and screaming and carrying on. I saw a guy ask them to please keep in down and the Mom(?) told the guy that "they are just kids" and that being loud and carrying on should be ok while she enjoyed her beers in the bar. Well it is not and that is something management should confront. Anyway the place is overall a good experience and we will be back.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for dinner as it was close to the Gurnee Mall where we had been shopping all day. There were lots of people in the restaurant. We both ordered the 1 1/2 pound of ribs ($14.00) and we each added their soup & salad bar ($3.00). The chicken noodle soup was good and did not taste like it came from a can. The salad bar is pretty large and contains a large assortment of items, which were all good. The ribs were very good and slightly better than average when compared to other ribs in the Chicagoland area. The ribs came with a choice of potato, a small cup of coleslaw, and some mixed vegetables. Lots of food at a very fair price. Our waitress Linda was very friendly and efficient. We would recommend this restaurant

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Had a great expiernce there on more than one occasion. Handles our big family very well very spacious . The prices are very reasonable. This is a great place to eat.