“HORRIBLE!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was by far the worst food that we have had in a long time. The kids meals were frozen crap. I ordered a $25 meal and that tasted like old frozen food. My husband had a steamer pot-- and he said the same thing that it tasted like frozen old food.

Not to mention the sloppy poor dress waitstaff, who spent more time on their phones then waiting on the customers!!

1  Thank NinaVS
There are newer reviews for Joe's Crab Shack

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a lunch stop and always are willing to try somewhere we haven't been. Jose's Crab Shack was in the area and in we went. We arrived shortly after the traditional lunch hour, thus a few customers remained and servers were busy clearing tables. It took a few minutes before we were seated by a nice waitress. Shortly after seated the waiter came over introducing self and asking for our drink order. I choose the fish and chips from the lunch menu and my husband the soup and salad. While waiting for our order I visited the restroom, it needed a lot of attention - not just from the lunch hour but long time missed cleaning. Overall the restaurant needed repair and a deep cleaning in the customer area. The food arrived, portions were large. My husband asked what should clam chowder taste like? He said it tasted like it had ham in the soup. The fish was hot, heavily breaded thus little fish actually in the portion. The fries were hot and fresh, but they sat on top of what appeared to be pieces of cooked breading from fish. Our over all thoughts, it's a formula restaurant that either needs updating or new cooks.

1  Thank Patricia W
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was not impressed with this restaurant. We arrived at 12:30 and weren't served until 2:00. The crazy thing is that it wasn't busy. I ordered the grill shrimp and it was dry. The rice that is served with it was bland but after waiting so long I was hungry enough to eat it. My husband's food wasn't much better. The same with the rest of the family. I wouldn't recommend it. There are many places to eat in the area so you might consider going elsewhere.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stopped here to eat with my husband and kids! I love seafood so Joe's seemed like the best place. I ordered the sam adams steampot and it was terrible. The clams weren't even opened so I sent them back. They brought me some out that were actually cooked. The crab claws tasted like they were a week old. Very discusting! Not worth the $$$. Very disappointing.

2  Thank sammy_10001
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Haven't been in years, food was disgusting. All 3 of us didn't like our food, had shrimp and couldn't even eat it all. Service was awful you could tell waiter didn't care for his job. They were suppose to dance, none did kinda blew it off like it was a joke..it's part of their job. Save your $ and go to red lobster or Olive Garden, they are close and food is much better.

1  Thank Chl0e01