“Great jungle lunch with the kids.”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #19 of 145 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Went here with the family for lunch on a weekday. Hardly anyone else there. It was our first time ever eating at a Rainforest Cafe. The kids really enjoyed the animated gorillas and the thunderstorms. The food was expensive but delicious. $56.00 for two adult dinners and two kids meals and drinks. The portions were too large to finish. The waiter was great. A great experience-would recommend for occasional family dinners.

Reviewed June 11, 2009

We've been Safari Club members since June of 2002, and have visited this location every 3 or 4 months since then.
The last few times, the food, and especially the service, has really started to go down hill.
Last night, we went there to celebrate our 4-year old's birthday - 6PM on a Wednesday night. The place was only about a third full, so my daughter asked the guy seating us if she could sit by a fish tank. He told her no (how do you do that to a 4-yr old?), and that the open table was in case a larger party came (it seated 8, there were 5 of us).
After waiting for a server for about 5-minutes, we decided to leave.
To top it off, we walked right by the guy who seated us, and he could care less, and even the guy who greeted us just gave a simple apology. At any point, someone could have said, "just wait, let me get the manager."
I don't expect special treatment, but when you've got a mostly empty restaurant, and your last customer walks-out, wouldn't someone want to know why?

Reviewed May 21, 2009

I orded a cheeseburger and had a allegic reaction to the seasonings and the meat tenderized that the rainforest cafe uses. After I eat the burger we left the resturant and I did not make it to the bathroom @ Marshall. I was so sick. I finally was able to call the resturant and explain. The assistant manager said sorry and still charged me for the meal. BEWARE of the meat. I am calling the board of health to check this place out.

Reviewed April 16, 2008

there's certainly much better dining choices in and around the Gurnee Mills Mall. The animatronic animals and constant noise might turn off some. The food was pretty good but pricey. Kind of a Chucky Cheese atmosphere. Fun for the kids but be prepared to open up your wallet. Let them take a photo with a real snake at the Serpent Safari next door and head towards Ruby Tuesday instead.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Always a blast. Avoid Wednesdays, unless you like hordes of screaming kids!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook