“Best sashimi cuts in Chicago”

Hayashi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 143 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Chicago, Illinois
“Best sashimi cuts in Chicago”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We are regulars at Hayashi (visit every Sunday).
This place has the best Sashimi cuts, especially the salmon sashimi.
Fish is fresh and service is awesome.

1 Thank reachbgk

Waukegan, Illinois
“For the Sushi lover and for the Non Sushi lover alike.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and our friend go all out for the Sushi/Sashimi, the chef selections and the specials. I love the crispy roll and the avocado roll, smoked salmon by the piece, salmon salad in lemon sauce, and Gomae. We all love their soup. They have the best Miso soup in a 50 mile radius. And the best Gomae ever! always tender baby spinach and wonderful peanut sauce. My son loves their Gyoza and mochi filled with mango ice cream. Their green tea is the only place he drinks any tea without tons of sugar. When in the mood, I love the teriyaki steak and tempura as well. Must not forget the hot sake and plum wine.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank TaunaOne
Mundelein, Illinois
“Great Value for Great Food”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've been to Hayashi several times and I haven't had a bad experience yet. The food is very good and they are very quick. The atmosphere is nice and relaxing. I love the dressing they use for the salads!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank inlovewithmusic15
Chicago
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is my 9 year old daughter's FAVORITE restaurant and we eat here often. Their California rolls have REAL crab in them, not fake, and they are delicious and an excellent value. The yummy miso soup has lots of tofu in it and their bento boxes are also fantastic and a great value. The tempura is perfect and the sauce is one of the best around. All the servers here are so sweet, especially to my daughter - they just love her. For a great price we both have a wonderful meal, leaving stuffed and happy. Whenever I say "Hayashi?" it brings chirps of delight from my kid, and me too :) Thank you Hayashi!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank ChicagoMom2003
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Best sushi”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have enjoyed sushi all over the USA and this is the best! Original maki's with great flavor. Don't miss this place.

• Visited April 2012