“Do your research first” 1 of 5 stars
Review of FairBridge Inn Express Gurnee

You added FairBridge Inn Express Gurnee to your Saves list
FairBridge Inn Express Gurnee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3740 Grand Avenue, Gurnee, IL 60031 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
Chicago, IL
“Do your research first”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

When I think of an Econo Lodge, I have certain expectations and this location falls short. The building and rooms are old and in need of renovation. The cleanliness is questionable and everything smells like cigarette smoke. This hotel has many more long term residents than short stay hotel guests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I went with couple of friends for navy graduation and this was the only hotel that was available that night. Staff was friendly especially the younger guy that checked us in. But the rooms were dirty and the sheets were stained mattress were lumpy bathroom had brown stuff on the walls toilet was getting backed up and was handed a plunger to fix it ourselves. To sum it all up DONT STAY AT THIS ROACH MOTEL.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Gurnee hotels

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

stayed for one night ,price was good ,rooms ok,quiet and gave me space to my privacy.the staff were very friendly specially mr.SHAK,helped us a lot in taking care of our needs.will definetly stay again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Very disappointed that this is a Choice Hotel. Sink and tub/shower where not clean. Bar soap build up on both sides of the faucet in the sink. I travel a lot for work and always use Choice Hotels whenever possible. I can plan on a clean room. Not so with this motel. Very dirty and yes there are a very seedy people staying here I do believe they are permanent residence.

Room Tip: I am sure there are no good rooms here. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

First off, they overbooked our family room. We had 10 people visiting Great America, Oct 5, 2013 and they left me a voice mail an hour before check in (mind you, I booked this on July 30, 2013 and called 1 week before to confirm everything was set). They were going to put us in separate rooms, which were filthy. Moldy, smelly and just gross. We also saw 3 that looked like drug deals in the parking lot while we were waiting for things to be figured out. After this, we decided to go some place else, and glad that we did. Beware of this place!!!!! There are way better places to stay, for close to the same price.

Room Tip: Get rooms closer to the highway in a better part of town
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This Hotel is a nightmare!!!! You defiently pay for what you get. When you walk in the hotel it smells horrible.That should have been my sign to run the HELL!!!! I really can't believe they are apart of The Choice Hotels group. There rooms are very nasty. The carpet is very old and all stained. The bedding is old and smells horrible.I mad a reservation to stay here for 11 nights until my house was ready. The 1st night we were in the room right by the stairway. I heard EVERYTHING...all hours of the night people were coming and going. I heard doors closing all night and everyone talking in the hall way. The next morning I woke up after a restless night I heard the people in the next room talking and I could hear word for word what they were saying. All night I kept itching and I thought it was just in my head cause the room was so smelly and nasty looking. When I woke up and got in the shower I noticed all these bit marks on legs and it appeared to me that THIS HOTEL HAS BED BUGS!!!!!!!!! Don't waste your money or your time staying here. It's worth the extra $30 a night to stay in a actual hotel cause this place is a MOTEL. There breakfast in the morning is just a bunch of crap they bought from Sam's Club. The area where they serve it from is dirty and they just don't keep any part of thier hotel clean. When I went to check out and cancel my next 10 days they charged for two days and I told the clerk this place isn't clean enough for me to stay those many days....His response was I know our cleaning staff went on strike so we only have 1 person. That explains why everything is nasty and why they have bed bugs. I would never ever stay here again and will make sure everyone I know never stays here either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

BEWARE...
Rooms are disgusting, towels are stained, tub was gross, pillows were extremely thin, air conditioner leaked, and staff will charge you extra for anything you ask. GM is unwilling to return calls or emails. Also, this motel is run under a different name, Hollywood Inn Suites, along with Econo Lodge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends