“My go-to restaurant for freshly made lunch”

Tina's Italian Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida
“My go-to restaurant for freshly made lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I really like supporting local businesses, but it's not that often that I return to the same place.

I've been to Tina's five times in the last six months - a record for me!

I've tried something different every time, and loved every entree. My favorite is to do the Bake Shop Special - half a sandwich and a cup of soup or small salad.

You will NOT be disappointed!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank exmish

Grayslake, Illinois
“Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I found the food reasonable, atmosphere reasonable and the costs...pricey. Would go back though. The feel of being in an Italian kitchen is different

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Penguin1dp
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden Jem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Don't you just love restaurant's that have figured things out, like how to make good food that you enjoy eating? I know I do. I'm not anti-chain or anti-franchise, but I really love to see small independents thrive. And that's what Tina's is, a small independent that is part deli, part bake shop, part restaurant, and all yummy. Tina does everything her way and she's there all day,every day to ensure the highest quality for her customers. Unfortunately, that means she's not open for dinner, but for a really nice lunch, you have to try Tina's. Don't think about going if you're not also going to get desert. I'm not a desert person, but Tina turned me. That Tera Misu, or however you spell it, stuff is better than you know what. Yes, I said better than you know what.

I don't think she has a liquor license though. So if that's important to you, get carry out.

Lunch will run you about $10 - $15 per.

So good.

This is my gift to you. Thank me later.

Oh ya, Ciao Ciao.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank GJNGJNGJN
Gurnee, Illinois
“Like sitting in your mom's kitchen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food is wonderful. Fresh Italian. I cannot eat gluten and the chicken salad is so good. The place is small. Lace tablecloths and everyone feels like family. Tina is there every day and makes a point to come and say hello and see how you are enjoying your meal. The bakery items look amazing!!! No gluten free that I have seen.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Geri P
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
“From Italy, with love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have been going to Tina's for years. The food is always great and the staff are super nice. Try any of the pastas, I tend to stick with the lasagna. It is full of flavor and freshness and doesn't feel to heavy. My husband usually gets the bucatini with sausage and he describes it as "perfectly luxurious". It's simple food made with high quality ingredients (and love). Also make sure to get some cookies for dessert.

• Visited December 2013