“Speed baby! Authentic; Good food!; and Friendly staff”

Tacos El Norte Gurnee
Ranked #102 of 143 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Woodstock, Georgia
“Speed baby! Authentic; Good food!; and Friendly staff”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This restaurant is one that my family and I have eaten at since we've lived up here in Gurnee, IL. We really enjoy the food and the authentic servers. If you ever need to practice your Spanish this is a great place to do it because the staff on a the whole all speak Spanish and are good at what they do. I thoroughly enjoy eating here because the portion sizes are nice sized and my kids like it.

• Visited May 2013

Waukegan, Illinois, United States
“Food was just blahhh. Flavorless and over priced”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ordered camarones a la diabla, got six small flavorless shrimp with very little rice and beans, for $14 totally not worth it. The flan was good but not for $4.50 overall if the food would of been good I wouldn't mind paying, but the bud was not good next time I'm going to ranchito michuacano they are expensive but so worth it, I had to get up and pay at the bar because waitress disappeared towards the end and I wasn't even asked how was everything! Never recommending or coming back, tacos el Norte take better care of your customers,!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Racine, Wisconsin
“Delicioso!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Never a bad choice for lunch or dinner. Excellent selections on the menu and the waitstaff is very friendly. Always my favorite quality of a good restaurant is they are willing to adapt the dish to one's taste and make substitutions. Great place to bring guests.

• Visited April 2013
Saginaw, Michigan
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food here is beyond comparison. Anybody complaining about this place needs to stay home in bed because they dont know what value is. Their food is NEVER cold, the drinks are as good as any and the service is above excellent. I have eaten, both in the restaurant and as a take out, many, many times and have never been disappointed. Try the Delabo (spelled that wrong) sauce, the hot stuff, it will burn the hairs on your chest.
Just a classy place that serves the best Mexican food within a hundred miles of Gurnee.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tom M
Mundelein, Illinois
“Never again”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Tacos El Norte on Saturday night and were extremely disappointed. Our food was served cold and we sent it back to have it remade. Once again it was served cold but our server never came back to the table to ask if everything was okay. Since there was music that night we decided to dance while waiting for our server to reappear. When she finally did we told her our food was cold and to please take it back and remove it from our bill.When it was time to pay ( and we were going to pay for what we did eat and drink) the owner came to a table swearing at us with words I cannot repeat and told us we had to pay for everything because if we hadn't gotten up to dance our food would not have been cold. We tried to explain that we danced because our food was cold but since he was continuing to swear he did not hear a word we said. Needless to say we will not be going back and if you have children that you don't expose to unacceptable language think twice before going.

• Visited December 2012