“Amazing Indian Food”

Himalayan Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 145 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Exceeded all my expectations. Very nice Indian (or perhaps Nepalese) food and excellent service. We'll be back.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you go, you're bound to see lots of people who look like they could be from Nepal or India. If you like foods with spices, fresh ingredients, or well crafted combinations of textures, if you love vegeterian food that isn't boring yet also enjoy meat dishes with flair: try Himalayan Restaurant in Gurnee if you're anywhere within 30 minutes. If everyone orders an app, tea, entree, and dessert then it's at least $25.00 per person. Combo specials or the buffet reduce your per person costs, but the trade-off is a limit on your selections. Besides great food and drinks they have an attentive staff, a well-lit dining room, nice table settings, and a relaxed pace. http://www.himalayanrestaurant.com/

1  Thank hdbangr11
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Food was tasty, service was a bit slow. Chicken was gristly. Menu had a lot of tandoori dishes on it. I probably won't go back as it's a bit out of my way anyway. Will keep looking for my ideal Indian spot.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went in for the Indian buffet and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though we arrived near their lunch closing time, they were happy and willing to accomodate us. They refilled the emptied-out buffet items and provided us with fresh batch of pakoras and samosas. Noticing that our kids just had a scoop of basmati rice, they didn't charge money for the kids' buffet.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I thought the food would be great since there were mostly Indian people there! I had lamb curry and while I know lamb is fatty - it was ULTRA fatty. The raita was had no flavor and poor texture. I'm giving it average because the service was pleasant and he did his best with our large table (8 ppl) and the veg. samosa was super good. They also charge an extra $3 for rice and nann, which I feel should have been part of the meal.