“Great Food.”
Review of Just Like Italy - CLOSED

Just Like Italy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Gurnee, Illinois
“Great Food.”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I had a great experience here. I had the penne with vodka sauce simply delicious!!!! My wife had the lasagna & said it was terrific also. If you looking for some great food off the beaten path then give these guy's a shot. You won't be disappointed.

2 Thank borindr

Gurnee, Illinois
“Pasta. Pizza. Yum!!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Why do people wait in line at Olive Garden for 20 minutes for a table on a random Tuesday night? They shouldn't because this place is awesome!! Locals should get to know this place. Not far off the beaten path it is worth the trip. Friendly family. Great service and food. One of the best in Gurnee.

• Visited January 2014
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Love this restaurant. Enjoy the family atmosphere.”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just Like Italy is one of our fav places to dine at when we're in the area. They've got excellent food, at good prices, and they always have a mix of tables with families and couples out on dates or just having a good meal together. We've tried a lot of their menu, and everything has been a hit. Panzerotti, vodka sauce, plum tomato sauce, pizza, meatballs, lasagna, and tira misu are some of the things that we love to order and share. The family who own and run the restaurant are a lively bunch, to say the least!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank hdbangr11
illinois
“Come discover a hidden gem”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a super-casual family-run restaurant. We've eaten dinner here many times. The family is Calabrian, and the food seems a combination of authentic and targeted to an American taste; for example they serve both Neapolitan and American-style pizzas. For me the former is the highlight - a quick-cooking thin crust spread with tomato sauce and dotted with fresh mozzarella and basil. Pasta dishes and Italian breads are well done, as are the limited range of excellent desserts. It seems that everything is made from scratch. The atmosphere really is sitting in an Italian family home. Consequently the service is charming, but not necessarily efficient. For example on one recent visit when our server eventually appeared she was covered with flour from working in the kitchen. I recommend this place strongly.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank alveric
Modena
“REALLY ITALIAN FOOD”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am Italian then usually I do not like to go in Italian Restaurant while travelling abroad: that because I always found the taste is different from what we are used. And also because i like to try always the local cousine.
But going to that reastaurant it was a fantastic surprise: I had some Italian food better of what I can have in Italy!!!

• Visited October 2013