All reviews six flags cracker barrel waffles room was clean olive garden gurnee mills stay there again outback steakhouse pool and hot tub staff was friendly great price location is great navy graduation a great stay the breakfast area continental breakfast my son
Selected filters
Reviewed December 28, 2017

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Mall was across the street. Lots of restaurants, Gurnee Mills movie theatre across the street in the mall and a skate rink. Wal Mart down the street. Main highway 94 West and 94 South or East. Everything was convenient. I was hoping for more food at the breakfast bar, like bacon and scramble eggs. Swimming pool was nice. Great America was down the street. You can walk there on a nice day do not have to pay for parking at Great America. Very friendly with pets. The front desk lady was very nice she made me feel welcome. I love that. I would recommend this hotel to every one

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ1016GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chicago Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Dear 226triciad,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The team here and I enjoy providing accommodations to you our valued guest. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and felt welcome here. Please come see us again!

Reviewed December 26, 2017

Friendly, responsive staff and free "no password" wifi made our stay pleasant. Beds ok and rooms are pretty tight, but for the price and the fact we could have our pet with us, all was just fine. Air temp control was very good so we got a good, cool night's sleep. We didn't use any of the facilities (pool, gym) and we didn't eat breakfast here, so we cannot comment on that. Convenient location and Timmy O'Tooles and Cracker Barrell next door, so that was a plus.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear wonzie6,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your experience. It is good to see that you enjoyed your stay, the staff and location. Our goal is to provide you our valued guest with a positive experience every time you stay with us. I hope that you will come see us again.

Sincerley,

Reviewed December 21, 2017

The rooms are clean and fairly quiet. The first time there were storms and I had issues with TV and internet going out, but they were very helpful getting things running again. There are plenty of places to walk and eat right near by too. My main thing is LQ is dog friendly and I have had one or two dogs with me each trip with no problems.

Room tip: Stay away from the elevator and ice machines.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Emma T,

Thank you for your continued loyalty with us. Those storms can be quite bothersome sometimes but I am happy to see that we were able to keep things going fairly smooth for you. It is our goal that you experience a positive stay every time that you stay with us. I hope we see you and your pets again soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2017

I was coming to the area for a funeral and booked two rooms for a weekend (2 nights.) When I asked the rates I was told that there were only two rooms available, one at $59 and the other at $69. The difference was that one room had a refrigerator and a kitchenette. I spent a half hour on the phone just booking the rooms. I received one confirmation only listing one of the rooms, so I called back later. I confirmed I had two rooms and they assured me that even though the confirmation listed one room, I had two booked and told me the rooms would be $69 each per night. I questioned this as the rate was different than what I was originally told. I spent another hour and a half on the phone while they "looked" into it for them to come back and try to tell me that I was never given the $59 rate, and basically calling me a liar. In that time, I was able to find a room somewhere else and told them how frustrated I was and to just cancel my rooms and send me the cancellation confirmation. I still had not received a cancellation confirmation the next day so I called again and they told me they could not re-send the cancellation confirmation, but assured me they cancelled both rooms for both nights, and told me there was only one cancellation number needed for both rooms for both nights. 3 days later I look at my credit card statement and they charged me for one night for one room. I called to try and clear it up and have it removed and was told it was a no show and he couldn't do anything about it and that I could call back later when a manager was present. I also had 3 rooms reserved for a stay in March and cancelled those and will be sure to inform my bank to NEVER approve any charges from ANY La Quinta again. So frustrating and a waste of my time and money.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chicago Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. This is definitely not the kind of experience we want our guests to have. We are so sorry about the issues you encountered. If you would like to discuss further, please reach out to us at LQCustomerCare@lqreviews.com.

Diana - LQ Customer Care

Reviewed December 16, 2017

A man with a dog got out of the elevator as we got in. The elevator smelled like a wet dog. I do not want to sleep in a bed that has been shared by others with their dogs. Yeach! But, there were no fleas encountered. We stayed eleven nights and appreciated the Cracker Barrel next door for breakfast. A short walk, across the entrance drive. Road noise from the tollway day and night was too much, but then we are used to having it quiet at home. Good motel, good rate, throw out the dogs. Where do they "go" anyway? Huh?

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 384marku,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for staying with us. La Quinta is a pet friendly brand allowing our guest 2 domestic pets per room at no additional cost. We have a thorough cleaning process for all of our checked out guest rooms and take additional care and cleaning after a pet has checked out of a room. Our pet owners walk their pets outside and clean up after them. I am glad that you found the location convenient and enjoyed the surrounding restaurants. I do hope that you will stay with us again.