“Average set up”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Gurnee
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Hotel was clean and our room was clean. Our room was very small, not big enough for a family of 4. The front desk was nice enough. Close to 6 flags. Decent value for what we paid for it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2008

We had planned our trip to Six Flags for a weekend get away but we didn't want to pay up to $25 in parking! So we found La Quinta Hotel. They are 1 mile away from the park. It is not a bad walk at all. WE knew we would be walking all day anyway so it really didn't matter to us to walk for another mile.
Great place to stay! Clean, friendly staff and great breakfast.
We'll stay there again next year!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Inexpensive room right off of I-94 that was very clean and had a nice continental breakfast.

Staff went out of their way to make sure we had a good experience; my only complaint was the beds seemed smaller than a normal double bed (two adults was a tight fit!) but they were comfortable and the price was so right we couldn't really complain too much!

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed June 12, 2008

Got this hotel via priceline for $55/night. Hotel was right off the expressway (I-94). Clean, but typically small, rooms.Temperature controlled by thermostat, rather than selector switch on heating/cooling unit. Bathroom has toilet and tub/shower in it, sink is in entrance "hall" of room. Furnishings were in good shape and room rate included free wireless access and continental breakfast with waffles. Indoor pool area did not have many chairs, but was in good shape. For those with small children, the minimum depth is 3 feet. Only one elevator for entire building, so there can be a wait at peak time.

Many restaurants within walking distance (Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, Outback, Joe's Crab Shack, McDonalds, IHOP). Also an easy walk to Great America (20 -25 minutes), mostly on sidewalks, but some walking on quiet residential street.

Would definitely stay here again at the price, but not as good of a value if paying the hotel's website asking price of $119. That rate is comparable with other hotels in the same area, though.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank SunnyTrvlLvr
Reviewed May 13, 2008

Hi there, I just got back from spending 5 days at the La Quinta Inn located in Gurnee IL. I want to say that the service was great from the moment I walked in the door. Everyone was very helpful from supplying any extras I needed, such as a forgotten toothbrush and other items and quickly at that. I was very unfamiliar with the area and they provided me with detailed directions to anywhere I needed to go, also helping me avoid all the toll roads! The continental breakfast was good and the pool & hot tub were a great temperature in a nice glass surrounding. My room was a nice size and smelled clean. Others from the party I was with stayed in the hotel a block away, paid $10.00 less but didn't get a breakfast and said their room was dingy and smelled awful of cigarette smoke with burn holes in the bedspread (of a non smoking room). They were impressed by the LaQuinta and plan on staying there on their return trip. As do I. So thank you to the staff at La Quinta in Gurnee who made my stay very pleasurable, I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Angela K
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We stayed one night here and was pleased with the hotel. The receptionist needed some better people skills but overall we foudn the hotel to be quite accomodating. The rooms were spacious, clean and well equipped. Very nice dining area for the step up to the traditional continental breakfast. They kept the breakfast items (which were a plenty) replenished. They offered cold and hot cereals, a wide range of muffins, fruit, bagels, bread, make your own waffles, two kinds of juice, yogurt and milk. It was quite impressive. The pool was smaller than most pools I have seen at the typical hotels but still nice and they had a whirlpool as well.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank joskey
Reviewed November 2, 2007

We booked two rooms; one for my parents and another for myself, husband and toddler. We requested adjoining suites on the second floor (my mother has horrible hips due to arthritis but she's also closterphobic and cannot ride in an elevator). Upon checking in, we were informed the only suites we could have next to each other were on the third floor, which means 2 flights of stairs for my mother. There was only one suite on the second floor and they do not have suites on the first floor. My parents opted for the second floor and we got the room right above them. It was a nice room, king size bed, large desk with two chairs, a pull-out loveseat and a comfy chair with ottoman. Unfortunately my parents were not as lucky because they had an outside light shining in their room which made their sleep very difficult. That light shown just above our room which didn't make for a very good night's sleep for us either.

The pool area was very nice (all windows) and the pool was clean. The light inside of the pool was floating, so it was in minor disrepair.

Breakfast was pretty typical: waffles, bagels/bread for toast, dry cereal and hard boiled eggs.

Everyone was very nice. We would stay here again because it's very convenient to the shopping and restaurants, which is why we're in Gurnee, IL, but definitely request rooms on the opposite side of the hotel or at least away from the lights in order to get a better night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family