“Good, not great”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Gurnee
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

It's close to Six Flags, reasonably priced and convenient to I-94. Rooms are a nice size and comfortable for a family of four.

Just a couple of issues that keep me from giving this location a higher rating:
1) We found trash from a prior guest in the bathroom. We let the front desk know on our way out for the day. When we returned in the evening, it was still there.

2) When my wife went to ask for an extra towel she was first informed that hotel policy is to only put three towels in the room. We are a family of four and we just want a towel. We don't mind asking for it. We just don't want a snarky policy lecture.

In this vicinity there are quite a few choices. I might be more inclined to choose one of the others next time.

• Stayed: July 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
Kaukauna, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel!! nice price, great location, very clean, nice staff, checked out 4 or 5 other nearby hotels,none even compared to la quinta. Will stay at another la quinta if traveling. We were very happy. pool not very deep,but was very nice. other hotel pools were smaller and only 3' deep. Hotub was very nice! thank you for a great stay la quinta hotels!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here two nights. The service was very friendly from check-in to check-out. They had toiletries available (ex: shaving cream) when I forgot mine. Breakfast featured waffle makers, muffins, fruit, a variety of cereals and juice. My family enjoyed the pool. The location is also good, nestled on a row of several restaurants and very near Six Flags. The room had a large fridge and was comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose one upstairs on the ends, away from the elevator.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We actually canceled a booking with another hotel because of the so called "dog friendly" charges. No charges here, and we met a number of other dog owners. We asked for a quiet room on the ground floor, and this was precisely what we got. Everything worked, it was clean and we had a microwave and refrigerator as well as an awesomely powerful air conditioner. My wife and I normally have issues with bed and pillow comfort, but here we both slept like babies. There was some noise from heavy footsteps on the floor above, but that was a minor problem. Wi-Fi worked well, and the self serve breakfast was unexciting but more than adequate considering the room rate in comparison with nearby competition. Staff were always evident keeping the breakfast area stocked and clean. A big bonus was card access to the ground floor nearer the room than the reception area. Very handy when Fido needs his morning constitutional. Only small gripe was that the bathroom had no hygienic disposal bin, and I noticed another reviewer put a photo of an assembly in the bath that looked a little grotty, and ours looked just the same.

Room Tip: Low numbered rooms are nearest the entrance road and closest to Six Flags America. On July 4th, the...
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Wonderful place to stay. The best desk staff I've seen in a long time. I observed several times dealing with logistics of transportation and sticky family issues. They were respectful and were able to resolve each issue. Dog friendly you can always count on it. Clean and comfortable beds. Consistent wi-fi. Stayed for several days and enjoyed the hot breakfast.
Close to many dining options and attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The problem was I checked in at 11pm they had given my non-smoking suite away and offered me a smoking suite which I refused. So they put me in a regular room and did not give me a cheaper rate for the cheaper room. I have stayed in many La Quintas but not anymore.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo