“A Very Pleasant Surprise”

Mama K's Pizza and Grille
Ranked #9 of 145 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We pulled off the interstate assuming we'd find a selections of restaurants at the exit for lunch. Luckily we came up Mama K's. We are vegetarians and lady at the counter (Mama K?) suggested a pizza she could make for us that wasn't on the menu. It was outstanding; thin crust with fresh ingredients. Really tasty. The salad was also a good size that fed four of us. If you're at Six Flags and looking for great pizza, this is your place.

There are newer reviews for Mama K's Pizza and Grille

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food is great and always fresh, I come here every chance I get. The staff is very nice, my favorite is the Philly cheese steak and chicken tenders always come in to order. Out of all the restaurants around that area I highly recommend this one THUMBS UP !

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our party of 10 stopped in just before dinner rush on a Saturday after a day at Six Flags. We were warmly greeted and asked if we would like suggestions. We ordered fries and beer nuggets for appetizers- yum! Our group ordered wraps, slices of pizza, a quesadilla, taco salad, and calzones that were bigger than my head! No complaints, everything was delicious! The kids also enjoyed frozen yogurt. The food was all reasonably priced, fresh, and the portions were large. Every staff member was helpful and kind. The only downside is that there isn't much seating in this wonderful restaurant, so plan accordingly. Great place, I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had wraps and ice cream the first nite and took them back to our hotel. Food was so good we decided to try a second time the next day and got pizza. Ordered a large Canadian bacon and pineapple for 3 of us and had a third left for snacks the next day. My granddaughter ordered a personal size pepperoni. it was huge. took 1/2 with her. The owner was there both nites and came over to welcome us back the 2nd night. She remembered who we were. It is a small place and there seemed to have a lot of regulars.

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

This place has been here for years and I've never had it. I didn't know what I was missing! They have everything made anyway you want it. Good pasta. Good pizza. Gyro calzone. Ask for a custom gyro pizza. Delicious! So glad I found this place and will be back many many times!

1  Thank FInsUp77