I am not sure where these good reviews are coming from.....this place is NASTY.
1) the pool is tiny and has a film of god knows what on the top of the water.
2) the pool is FREEZING
3) the rooms, or at least ours, was dirty. As in.....puke on the wall in the bathroom....a toilet that ran and leaked water......cobwebs. A hole in our bedspread.....stains of nasty stuff on the recliner, a sticky desk, old pamphlets with water marks. Just gross.
4) the other guests kept us up till 3 am. Not cool.
We ended up going to target and buying a king size sheet, comforter and pillows. We covered the entire mess of a bed with the sheet and slept on top of that. I tried to cancel the room and they said I would owe money to switch rooms.
What a joke. Stay somewhere nice, after this experience I will NEVER stay in a hotel that isn't a higher end chain. I don't care the cost, staying in a place as gross as this is not worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient, family friendly,newly renovated, clean rooms, memory foam mattress, only 1000 feet away from six flag Chicago ,no need to spend $25 for parking at six flag.Free wireless internet,Indoor pool,free hard wired internet,free grand breakfast,free parking,cabal t.V.,Hairdryer and iron and ironing board,nearly 14 dining option in walking distance,great location,gurnee mill mall is 1 mile,great lake naval station 6.7.Mile, oversize specious room,off 94 interstate on route 132. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Gurnee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Gurnee