“Worth it”

Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Gurnee
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This amusement park, located halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, has over 100 rides and attractions.
Silver Lake, Wisconsin, USA
“Worth it”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Fantastic! I would gladly have paid Broadway prices to see the concerts and shows. Love at First Fright was exceptional. Perfect acting, costumes, and singing. They stayed around for pictures and were so friendly (and great with crowd control).

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Racine, Wisconsin, USA
“Family Fun at its Best!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

If you are ever in ILLINOIS and want to have the time of your life, visit Six Flags Great America in GURNEE and bring the family along!!!!!

Seattle, Washington, USA
“Frightfully Thrilling”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was in Chicago on business and had no idea about this park, however, it turned out to be the BEST VACATION EVER!!! Even though the day started out rainy, we were greeted with the biggest smiles and friendliest staff. The cost of the rain panchos were less than $10, the food was pricey, but the portions were large, well worth the cost and there are plenty of place to choose from.
The roller coasters ROCKED MY SOCKS OFFand the lines went quickly!!! I have never been so scared, excited, thrilled and surprised at the same time. We enjoyed the entire experience. Some of the rides were uncomfortable, but we still enjoyed them.
It was fright fest, had I known how awesome it would be, we would have purchased tickets the the haunts. $20 extra would have gotten us 5 haunted houses, where can you get that anywhere??? The characters roaming the parks and the decor were AMAZING and very dramatic. The darker it got outside the more exciting fright fest became. I recommend it for ALL!!! I would also recommend buying the "Flash Pass" which is good for upto 6 people and gets you to the front of the line in a flash, I believe it was and extra $50, I thought you needed one for everyone in group, had I known, I would have probly hung out a little longer, because I would not have been so tired from standing in lines lol

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Just AMAZING”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

That was the most fun I've had in a very long time. This is the place to go for a day away from home!

Lemont, Illinois, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something fun for everyone”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you are looking for an amusement park that caters to people of all ages, then Six Flags Great America is it! It has just the right blend of thrills to keep everyone busy all day long. Yes, the lines for roller coasters can be lengthy, but it's unavoidable, and the tv monitors keep your mind busy while you wait. Buy a souvenir drink cup for the best drink value to stay hydrated while waiting. There is plenty to see or do between the rides and several decent food choices. Above all, this park is clean, and most of the attendants are friendly and seem to like their jobs.