“Six Flags, IL ROCKS!”

Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Gurnee
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This amusement park, located halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, has over 100 rides and attractions.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This park was amazing. From the minute we walked through the gates to the time we dragged ourselves home, we had a great time. Rides are current and a lot of fun! Classic teacups had us dizzy too. The new X Flight and Batman are my favorites! It's a must visit park!

1  Thank Jay S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,343)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"dining pass"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I went to Freight Fest with 3 teenagers and my husband. We all had a good time. The park was clean and decorated for Halloween. I expected the lines for the rides; they were 1 to 2 hours per ride. What I did not expect was an additional cost $20 per person to get into the "Haunted" attractions. Food costs were more than I expected. $9 for a Funnel cake, $50 for a cheese pizza, 6 small bread sticks and 4 sodas.

1  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Had a season pass so had to do Fright Fest, being so close to halloween and the nice weather the lines were super long. Don't like having to pay extra for all the haunted houses, but there are a lot of creatures walking around that makes it fun. Best to pack a lunch and eat in the car. Went to Six Flags 5 times this year so the season pass was well worth it.
Six Flags knows how to decorate for halloween, the park looked great and is very clean.

2  Thank Piper226
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had lots of fun so much to do but so little time and it is whole fun for the family and I would say bring camera walking shoes and and money for something to drink and eat and it is a all day event and I would say get seasons pass because there is so much to do its worth it.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family and I arrived late at the park at around 7pm. Immediately a man and his wife approached us warning us that the lines are about 2 hours long and it would not be worth buying a ticket this late in the day because I would not be able to get on many rides. Well, he was right. All of the rollercoaster rides had at least a 90 minute wait, with the Giant Drop being at about 45 minutes or so. Since I wanted to enjoy the park my younger son and I walked around and found some rides that had shorter lines, but of course these rides were the River Rocker and Ragin Cajun. These were rides that seemed to be designed for pre-teen kids, especially the ride in the mini-rollercoaster teacup. Then FrightFest which was not as scary as I had anticipated, but to be fair, I was not able to go into all of the haunted houses that required a cost. In addition to paying almost $70 for a season pass, the unlimited haunts pass was an additional $19.99, but if you do not want to buy the $19.99 wristband please expect to pay at the least $10 per haunted house and there is one that is $25. So, all of the walking made us a little hungry so we looked around for food. The lowest price you will find for food is $5.99 for french fries, nachos. or a medium sized and refillable bucket of popcorn. A slice of pizza, soda, and fries is $13.99 before tax and for a family of four which is one pizza, four sodas, and fries you can expect to pay $39.99. I then decided to look at the funnel cakes because by this time I was budget shopping, and the funnel cakes were at the minimum $10.99. So, if you don't want to spend a lot on food please eat before you come, or go out to your car or restaurant nearby to eat because the food and drinks are really high. Overall, I had fun simply because my kids had fun being at the park, the park was very clean, park staff were nice and well-mannered, but the ride lines were so long I could not get on any major one, except my son got on the Flight X which he said was good and scary. I pretty much paid a lot of money, but could hardly get on any rides, but thank God I have season passes. My only suggestion for anyone wanting to go is to get there early, be well-prepared to wait in lines, have food or eat prior to arriving. Guess I forgot to mention Fright Fest in detail, the monsters on the grounds were not scary for any adult, but had my 11 year old running. If you have the money to spend you may enjoy yourself, but overall it was very fun.