“Good food good price great service.”
Review of Royal Thai

Royal Thai
Ranked #8 of 146 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

My son and I ate here in July 2012. I had tom yum soup which was good. He had hot & sour soup which he said was very good. For the meals, I had mahsumun (potato & peanut) which was good but not great. Very good though. He had the pad Thai which he rated as very good. Prices were good & service was excellent. Portions were just right, not real large.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went here for lunch and short business meeting. Service was great and the food was delicious. I had pad thai and my colleague had sesame chicken - both excellent. Before we even ordered they brought us soup and spring rolls which are included with all the lunch specials. Quick and attentive service which is very much appreciated during lunch!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Royal Thai Restaurant is located right across the road from Five Flags in a strip mall.

My wife and I had dinner here. We started off with an order of Crab Rangoon that consisted of seven small pieces. It was very good. We then ordered two entrees to split, which were Spicy Basil Beef and the Oriental Vegetables with beef. We had a large pot of Jasmine Tea, which was $1.99. We found it a bit unusual for a Thai restaurant to charge extra for hot tea.

We were somewhat disappointed as the food overall was just mediocre Thai food. There was very little taste difference between the two dishes we ordered. The portions were quite small when compared to other Asian restaurants. We also found the food to be somewhat bland even though we ordered everything extra hot.

Overall the food was good and priced fairly but there are many other Asian restaurants in the area that are much better.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Have eaten here many times. Food is quite good & they are always willing to accommodate special requests.
Appears family run & they are all lovely people.
Nice atmosphere, but not fancy. Wide open space

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I didn't know this place was there but a friend took me there and I really enjoyed it.