“Clean, Hospitable, No-Frills Place for the Night”

Econo Lodge & Suites Greenville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Central Illinois
“Clean, Hospitable, No-Frills Place for the Night”
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Spent a night at the Econo Lodge in Greenville (formerly the Best Western) with family, as we were in town for a wedding - the staff were very warm & hospitable - our room was clean and smelled pleasant - didn't hear any complaints from others in our party either - the pool (indoor) was warm and the pool area was well-kept - don't expect much for breakfast...very, very simple (cereal, juice machine & toaster) - the facility has two 2-story units, plus a series of rooms in the "old fashioned" 1-story "park at your door" style - overall, we had a great stay and would stay again

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Jones, Alabama
Reviewed April 25, 2008

We were heading back from filming a small movie part in Indiana
in a film called IT CAME FROM TRAFALGAR! when we decided to
go and see the St. Louis Arch and I drove as far as I could and
saw Econo Lodge and we pulled in and checked it out! What a little treasure, this hotel is under new ownership we were told and the
owners are from India I surmise and very kind and sweet, helpful,
hard working people!!! For approx. $50.00 a night that includes
tax and fees we got a large, clean room with double beds and
a very nice indoor heated pool and a jacuzzi (not in the room.giggles
down the hall) but it was clean and nice and who knew a free
news paper and breakfast the next morning as well as free
unlimited internet service. IT was a fantastic deal all around!
We had a great nights rest after our swim and soak in the jacuzzi
which was all clean and nicely kept up! Then we struck out to
drive the remaining 45 miles to see the ARCH in St. Louis!
I would say its a fantastic little place to stay!!!
Thanks so much to the owners for making our stay so
relaxing and enjoyable!!!

• Liked — very nice owners, very clean, good value! Close to St. Louis Arch
  • Disliked — No negatives, all good
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Aurora, Il
Reviewed November 11, 2007

I stay at this location each week during the college football season and a few times at other times of the year. This was a former Best Western that was far from "best". The old lobby was dingy, breakfast area was non exictant. New owners took over about a year ago and it changed to an Econo Lodge. These folks made numerous improvements which included a breakfast area, added suites, improved staff and made repairs. For the price it is a great place to stay. The owners will do everything they can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I have stayed at other locations in Greenville, but this has the biggest rooms, and great pool. These other reviews seem a bit low as far as I'm concerned. I think they were expecting accomadations to match the $250 plus rates of a downtown Chicago property. Give this place a try, you'll get a lot of bang for your buck.

Stayed November 2006
Ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I stay at the Greenville Ecno Lodge weekly while on business.The owners and the staff are always very friendly and helpful.My room is always clean and comfortable.There are plenty of places to eat nearby and Mabrys next door is very convient..I travel alot and I believe Econo Lodge Greenville is a good value.

• Liked — convienience
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I stopped at this hotel late one evening, while on a business trip to the midwest! I wanted to get as far as I could before I stopped so I did not make reservations! I saw the sign for this EconoLodge and seeing as I am a Choice Privleges member decided to stop!

The young man at the desk was friendly and helpful, but informed me that they had a new program and I could not get Choice points for the stay! Despite that fact, I booked a room.

I was in the unattached side building where "all the king rooms are". The room was clean, but it looked old and worn! The light over the bathroom sink had a broken piece on the cover, and the room door did not close securely unless you pushed it closed with some force! The outside door was unlocked (they said they were working on getting the card reader fixed) and the hallway lights were not very bright! I know I was out in the country, but it still did not feel really safe!

The breakfast offerings were very slim, cereal, toast, and bagels. I looked but was not impressed enough to try anything!

It looks like there may be new management at this property. It seems they are doing some repairs and remodeling, and when that is finished It may be a nice place to stop. Right now I would have to say that I have stayed at much nicer places for less money!!

• Liked — Close to the highway and friendly front desk staff
  • Disliked — Did not feel secure!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank mike4511
Missouri
Reviewed June 29, 2006

We only stayed one night at the hotel. It was a good stopping point for the night on our way to Ohio. We arrived at the hotel around 9:00 PM. We received a room detached from the main hotel with a door that opened to the parking lot. We liked this because we could park right in front of the door and unloaded all of our luggage. The room was clean and large with vaulted ceiling that made the room seem even bigger.

The main problem we had with the hotel is they did not have the air conditioning turned on prior to our arrival. It was a very hot June day. When we arrived we immediately turned the air conditioning on but with the vaulted ceilings it was very hot and uncomfortable. The room did not cool down and get comfortable until 2:00 AM.

Other things to note: They advertise on there website a restaurant and lounge onsite. There was a restaurant and lounge next door to the hotel but it was closed at 9:00 PM on a Friday night. It looked like it had gone out of business. Also, their exercise facility had a sign on the door that said it was no longer operational.

Overall, the room was clean and large and the hotel was a good stopping point for a quick nights sleep. If only thay had the air conditioning on prior to our arrival!

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank IowaFarmGirl
ap90, Owner at Econo Lodge & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, September 6, 2007
Property is under new management since July 2006 and renovated public areas in Fall 2006. Fitness room is open 6:00AM to 10:00PM and Mabry's Bar, Restaurent and Banquat Hall is open for lunch and dinner on following schedule.
Restaurent: 11:00AM to 9:30PM M-Sat
9:30AM to 8:00PM Sun
Brunch: 9:30AM to 2:30 Sun
Bar: 3:00PM to 12:00AM M-Sat
3:00PM to 8:00PM Sunday

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Super 8 Greenville
Ramada Vandalia
#3 of 5 in Vandalia
Mariner's Village at Carlyle Lake
Americas Best Value Inn - Vandalia

Been to Econo Lodge & Suites Greenville? Share your experiences!