“my stay at Super 8”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed September 26, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 18, 2013

For the past 2 years I have been making bi-monthly trips to Greenville, IL and have stayed at 3 of the local hotels. Out of the 3 I stayed at the other two 1 time each and every other visit I have stayed at Super 8. I have found them to be superior by far compared to the others. Ohm is without a doubt a genuinely nice person. I have one more trip to make and I will stay there. Breakfast is the best there with the sausage gravy and biscuits, yogurt, and cinnamon rolls. In rating I rated the restaurant, but that was an accident they don't have one, but the Huddle House next door is great!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2013

1  Thank Dee P
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was one of the nicest Super 8's we have stayed at. We had a very nice, clean room, great bed and lots of room to move around. The desk personnel were very nice and welcoming. Even though it was for one night as we were passing through on our way home, it would be a place we would return to should we be in the area. We ate at an Italian Rest. across the street which was also excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We typically stay in hotels within the Hilton chain but stayed here two nights due to logistics.
We have not stayed in a Super 8 in 18 years (after a bed headboard fell off the wall and barely missed us). This hotel is not even close to that one.
This hotel is clean, well kept, bathroom was small but bright and clean, bed was borderline comfortable, but I kept reminding myself what the room rate was... :-)
The desk attendants were the most courteous I have ever met. Breakfast was limited, but OK with pastries, biscuits and gravy, juice selection, cereal, coffee, yogurt, etc.
My only complaint....and I do not know if this is an issue within the Super 8 chain or not...but the wireless connection was terrible. Connection was fine and fast enough, but dropped connections happened every few minutes. This was on Iphone, Ipad and laptop. This required a "reconnect" via web browser frequently.
If the wireless connection would have been better, I would give this hotel a five circle review.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a nice, reasonably priced place to stay along I 70. The staff was friendly and the room was nice. We'll be back when we travel through the area!

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Econo Lodge & Suites Greenville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Greenville
Americas Best Value Inn - Vandalia

Been to Super 8 Greenville? Share your experiences!