Comfort Inn & Suites
$68
$88
$85
Travelocity
All reviewsbisonwalk in showernew carpetingeasy chairsized bedhotel staybathroom doordesk clerkmini fridgebeds were comfortablesleeplouismotelcurtainsmattressesilearplugs
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I often choose this chain because the standard is usually good. This hotel is not up to the usual standard. The welcome is basic - not the usual comfortable lounge area with some cookies or fruit when you arrive.
Dinner options are limited. You can drive over the highway for regular fare. There is one (Mexican) restaurant within walking distance of the hotel (just), but it is not great - very friendly staff but mediocre food.
The road noise was disturbing during the night. The curtains did not even come close to blocking the light from the lamps in the parking area. Breakfast was also disappointing, unless you really want biscuits and gravy, or scrambled eggs. The fruit was not attractive and the bread/bagels were "fresh" from the fridge. At least I was not tempted to linger.
I stayed here because I didn't know the area so I thought I'd play it safe. Even if you normally trust Comfort Inn and Suites, you might want to consider other options in this town.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First of all, I'm pretty laid back about hotel accomodations and simply just need a clean place to sleep when traveling so I made my initial reservations without too much hesitation and a general lack of options in this town. Secondly, after my first bad experience, I notified the hotel through their online customer care survey that was sent to me after my stay and must say that the negative feedback was responded to via email from a member of their management team and I was assured that the issue had been fixed and it was on my own accord that I made yet another reservation nearly two months later with optimism that it was a fluke occurence and that they had fixed the issue.

My experiences are as follows:

I originally stayed here in May for a business trip. After driving nearly 5 hours to get there and arriving late at night (around 10:30 p.m.) I checked into my hotel room (room 214) and was purely exhausted. There was a slight musty odor in the room but I was only staying for the night and once I started up the air conditioning it seemed to subside, or maybe I just got used to it. At first glance I noticed that there were no comforters on the beds but instead it was made with a fitted sheet, a flat sheet on top and a blanket which was then covered with a flat sheet on top of that. I immediately noticed that the top sheet on my bed near the window was covered with and severely stained with an unknown substance. I had booked a double bed room and was too tired to really do anything about it because it was so late at night and decided I would just sleep on the other bed. When I pulled those covers down on the other bed, I noticed that the entire fitted sheet was covered in short, curly, wiry, black hair. I'll let you draw your own conclusion as to what type of hairs they were. Luckily I had brought some of my own bedding and decided to just put my bedding on top of the stained bed and went to sleep. In the morning I noticed that there were someone else's clothes in the dresser drawers and the ironing board didn't stand up- so I ended up ironing my clothes on the board as it laid flat on the floor. The continental breakfast was actually one of the best I've ever had. Lot's of variety (fruit, waffles, pastries, scrambled eggs that were a great consistency, yogurt and assorted cereals).

After I complained to the hotel via their online customer service survey and received a response from the management, I decided to give the hotel another try nearly two months later.

After checking in for my second stay, I was again given room 214. I optimistically went upstairs and opened the door and was greeted by the same musty smell, and immediately noticed that the bed near the window (which was previously covered in stains during my last visit) HAD THE SAME SET OF STAINED SHEETS ON IT! Unbelievable, I know! Again it was really late at night and luckily when I checked the second bed there were not hairs in the bedding and I just ended up sleeping on that one.

So far, I haven't received a customer care survey and if I do, I'll probably simply write "Please throw away the stained sheets in room 214". I would have done it myself, but was afraid to be charged for them. It was amazing to me that due to the fact that the hotel doesn't use comforters, they can't even say that the individual making the beds didn't notice the stains because they were covered with a comforter. Whoever made the bed could visibly see that the flat sheet was stained and they chose to leave it that way. The fact that the same sheets were on the same bed in the same room nearly two months later made me wonder if they even washed them since my last visit.

I will not be staying here again and have found accomodations down the road that are unsuspectingly FANTASTIC.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Janine C
Reviewed June 7, 2013

It is Comfort Inn on the outside and Motel 6 on the inside. I stay at Comfort inns a lot and this was a very poor representation of the name. There were cobwebs in the corners on the floor and the walls need repair and painting. Most everything seemed like it was done as cheaply as possible. The rooms are much smaller and the cable did not even have TV Land or Hallmark. It was a very vanilla room, not up to the usual standards for the name. The breakfast was even worse. The biscuits were doughy and hard at the same time. This was June 6 and the hot tub is still out of order.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sawoun
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Returing on are way back from Las Vegas we stop for the night at this hotel.This was a nice place.Rooms were nice and clean.Beds were confortable.The breakfast was great with eggs and meat.right behind the hotel is a bufflo farm which was nice to see.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here in April, the hot tub was still "temporarily" out of order since last year. Our key cards wouldn't work, after getting 3 sets of cards they just moved us to a different room. First time, ever, that I didn't bring a blow dryer on a trip, yes you guessed it, theirs didn't work. Since the hot tub was not a big deal and I figured the other stuff was just a fluke I did not cancel this reservation. Bad decision. Had to wait on our room when we got here, they put us in a handicapped room. the shower smelled, the shower head was broken and the hair dryer doesn't work. ( and the hot tub is still out of order). Clerk at the front desk doesn't really care. If we come to Agape next year we won't stay here. And since our daughter is graduating tomorrow we probably won't be back. We have stayed at several Comfort Inns, I've never been to one this under- staffed (especially for big events) and this poorly taken care of... definitely a black eye for the chain.

• Stayed: May 2013