The Hyatt Regency Curaçao is fabulous.
Here's 5 things you need to know:
1) The hotel is divided in to 2 wings. The "1" wing which is near the pool, beach, marina, dive shop, and water-sports place. The "2" wing which is near... I think the golf course. Make sure you stay in the "1" wing.
2) Both wings of the hotel are 3 floors, but the hotel is built in to a hill, so the floor numbering is weird. The 4th floor is the top. The 3rd floor which is on the ground floor in the back -- the lobby level. The 2nd floor which is on the ground floor facing the water. There is no 1st floor. (I'm sure it makes sense to someone.) Make sure you get a water facing room on the 3rd of 4th floor, especially if you like to sleep with the window open and feeling the breeze from the sea.
3) The beach is on a lagoon, not the ocean, and for some reason, there's a dock that runs the entire length of the beach. On the one hand, it's kind of useful if you have kids, it'll keep them from going too far in to the lagoon. On the other hand, it's really ugly and kind of kills the view.
4) It's a REALLY long drive to get to the hotel. About 45 minutes from the airport and 30 minutes from "downtown" Willemstad. It's really no big deal, because there's not much of a reason to leave the expansive hotel property.
5) There are 2 pools, an "activity pool" and a "lap pool". Get a chair with a cushion by the lap pool. The drunk people tend to lounge in the "activity pool" and get a bit loud in the PM, so if you want quiet in the afternoon, stick by the lap pool.
Here's 5 things you should do at the Hyatt Regency Curaçao:
1) Do go diving with Ocean Encounters. They're a great team. Ask to go "left" when you exit the lagoon... That seems to be the location of the best dive spots in the area. "Jelle's Jump" is a pretty impressive drift dive.
2) Do have the catch of the day at Shor. Ask Francis, the guy in the kitchen at the grill, how he recommends and just do what he says. Also, ask Alex, the bartender at Shor for that drink he invented for that lady.
3) Do stop by Bella Italia for a small gelato. They have fruit behind the counter, too, so get some fresh strawberry or banana cut up on top, too.
4) Do get a massage outdoors. The spa is pretty good and the massage area outside is fabulous!
5) Do watch the sunset from the great room while drinking a "welcome drink"...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort captures natural Caribbean charm and delivers it with an international elegance and sophistication. Just 35 miles from Aruba and served by a modern international airport, escape to paradise and embrace Curacao’s magical sea, sky and sun on 27 acres of rare natural preserve. At the same time, feel that every need is provided for, with exceptional service and refinement. Enjoy superior amenities like the Pete Dye designed golf course, a luxurious spa, resort pools with Caribbean views, an alluring white sand beach with a swimming lagoon, and sophisticated dining. Relax with the rare luxury of privacy on a secluded island within an island sequestered from the hustle and bustle of town center, and explore unlimited diving, snorkeling, boating and geo adventure right outside your door. Whether you are seeking an intimate retreat, or a lively and invigorating amenity-filled vacation, the resort creates a truly magnificent opportunity to experience the best of both worlds, and create your own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Curacao Golf Resort, Spa And Marina Hotel