2,757 results
All reviewsgelatofish tacosold quarryplay golfrented a carbeautiful propertysushiall inclusive packageall inclusive planservice chargetennis courtspool barstreet signsswimming areaexplore the islandminute driveday pass
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a caribbean luxury hotel with atached golfcourse located on the eastern side of Curacao which is amazingly gorgeous .The hotel is big ,with open spaceous architecture with an amazing view wherever your room is .You wake up to the seaview, the golfcourse or the local landscape and the singing of local birds! The rooms are big with all modern amenities .
The golfcourse is a challenging one due to the very strong breeze and the layout, but with very well maintained greens ,a good clubhouse with good equipment available so a good round of golf is guaranteed !
The hotel is quite far from most restaurants, shops , atractions and the city. But then again the driving time to everywhere is 10 minutes anyway!!The friendly , but sometimes slow staff can arrange for transport but the restaurants , pool ,spa ,natural beach and little shops can keep you entertained on location as well. Not a place if you are on a budget .But definitely worth it!

Room Tip: Southside rooms give you a view of the golfcourse and the sea!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angelfoodie
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear angelfoodie,

As always, we love welcoming our island family to the resort. Thank you for spending some time with us to relax and recharge! The breeze off the sea on holes one and two on the golf course are definitely a challenge. I hope that you come back again to play soon!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We just had our wedding with 60 close friends and family. Ages 3 to 83 and all had a great time. Barefoot beach ceremony, terrace cocktail hour and oven side reception. Rather large for a destination wedding, but affordable. Gianni and the planning staff will work with you long distance to ensure details are met.
The hotel has much to do, top scuba diving in world, deep sea fishing, world class golfing and relaxing beach. We went during the less populated "rainy season", we saw no rain.... the food on the resort is Americanized with a hint of local flare. El gaucho is choose and very good.
It is about 20 min from town but there is a free shuttle. The only gripe is the price of alcohol and food is high but good. Service was way better than most places in town.
Great place to relax and enjoy.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank louiscarl23
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear louiscar123,

Congratulations on your wedding! I wish you and your spouse many years of happiness. I love to see beach weddings as I am walking around the resort. With all the flowers and beautiful details that Gianni and Anjali arrange, I don't think there's any better place to have a wedding!

I hope that we can welcome you back for many more anniversaries to come!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

There are two ways to view this hotel and neither version is wrong. However, depending on the version that you are, this hotel may not be the best place to stay in Curacao. I will explain the reasons below.

THE HOTEL: The hotel is a nice place. It is clean is the staff and very friendly. In addition, it seats near a beach and has two pools. However, the beach is not your typical beach. If you prefer a beach with waves, this is not that location. The water is pretty calm. Also, for some reason the beach goes into the deep end about 30 feet from shore. This appears to be a man-made thing, due to the fact that they had to install a small boardwalk from the hotel to the Mariana. It is not a typical design of natural untouched beach. But all in all, the hotel is nice place and the staff are nice.
THE PRICE: Please be on notice that everything at the hotel is relatively expensive. I know that expensive is subjective term, but we all know its natural definition. By expensive I mean when you compare to other locations. The food a hotel is somewhat pricey. In addition, it was a simple things and nothing to increase your experience. There are no local cuisines to taste. I was disappointed about this factor. What makes it really hard to go anywhere else is the location.

THE LOCATION: The hotel is somewhat remotely located on the island. I failed to realized this when I booked the place. The average taxi to the city was about $40 each way and about $60 at night. So that’s, $80 dollars round trip for the afternoon. I’m sure one can find better things to do with $80 dollars. The location also makes it hard to try local restaurants and entertainment because there are none around the area. You can also rent a car instead of taking a taxi. The cost to rent a vehicle was about $60 per day. Renting a car is certainly an adventure because some of the streets are not named and some streets are not well lit. In order to experience Curacao, you have to live the hotel. Nothing happens near this hotel. I’m not exaggerating when I say that the security point entrance and to the main hotel is about 2 miles. I think they truly set out to make this remote for a reason.

This hotel is the best place for someone that never plans to leave the hotel and does not care to experience what the island has to offer. In addition, you don’t care to taste local food or experience the local night life. If you wish stay in the hotel all day, lay around, and eat food you already know, this is by far the best location. However, if you looking for the opposite you will need to find a hotel more into the city. On several occasions, even the taxi drivers told us that the hotel is just too far for most people that want to experience the island.

Aside from the prettiness, nothing really stood for me for this location. I do agree with other post that you can find better deal elsewhere. If you factor the food cost and the taxi price, you may as well as add another $50 per night to find another location closer to town. I truly love Curacao and can't wait to be back. After making friends with some the locals, I know now the best places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Paulo D
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Paulo D,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am so disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay. We have many guests that rent a car to explore the island (which I highly recommend) and love to come back to the peace and serenity of the resort. We are surrounded by nothing but water, sky and mountains. There are no parking lot views from your room here!

There are some great local artisans about 15 minutes away from the resort including Serena's Chi Chi factory where island women hand paint chi chi dolls and an aloe vera farm where we source all of our shower products. There is so much to explore on the island and we love to help our guests create a custom itinerary whether that is relaxing around the resort or finding local treasures.

I hope that you can return to the island soon and explore the great things the island has to offer!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The location is just gorgeous which was made even better by the incredible landscaping and architecture of the resort. Staff go above and beyond... Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable--you couldnt ask for more. It was truly a magical experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you dont skip breakfast, as it was delicious-- and the choices are much greater than for other meals. The open-jeep tour is a must, as well as the meditation trail which has spectacular views! However, the trip into Willemstedt could have been missed... NO local crafts, no island breezes, & frankly, it is filthy. Lastly, renting a cart to simply drive the golf course for the views is something we wished we had done. It is gorgeous.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff J

Dear Jeff J,

Thank you for your review! I am so glad you enjoyed the meditation hike. It is one of my favorites with the great views along with the caves that you can explore.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon for another magical experience.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is the second time staying at the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf resort. The property needs some updating in the rooms, but the grounds are still impeccable.

Great pool, great beach, affordable room service.

This hotel is excellent for honeymooners or anyone seeking a relaxing vacation.

We wish to compliment Xiandra of the front office who assisted us through the reservation process and was extremely helpful and efficient during our stay. The overall service at this hotel is excellent, but Xiandra was superb.

We will keep returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a Premier Water View room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Myrouck

Dear Myrouck,

It's always great to host our island friends and family. Thank for for staying with us! Thank you for recognizing Xiandra! I can't wait to give her a shout out at our next employee meeting.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon!