“romantic :)”
Review of Teatro Latino - CLOSED

Teatro Latino
Cuisines: Barbecue, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This year we have been chosen for the Majorcan Wine Tasting Event 2015! Wine Bar & Restaurant Teatro Latino We serve all Majorcan wines with free tapa. Taste the real Majorca!
Reviewed May 5, 2013

charming romantic place, very friendly staff and lovely food, well recommend:)

Made our visit in Port Soller very nice as we have been there for romantic dinner :)
goes well with live music which is played, nice atmosphere asw ell

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spotted this place while wandering off the beach road and what a great find. The owner was attentive and the food was lush. we shared the a started which was beatifully presented. I had the Angus Burger which was beautiful and as I serve orginic burger regularly I am happy to say it was well tasty. This is well worth the very short walk away from the beach.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Truly gorgeous steaks and one of the best burgers I have ever eaten - and I've eaten quite a few. Really nice staff, too, and the guy in charge of the grill is Argentinian. Your steak is in safe hands. There's also a salad bar!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I am a self confessed foodie, I know my Palma ham from my iberico and I unashamedly know too much about cheeses.

When I initially came to Mallorca I had this idea I would be spending the majority of my time in little tavernas with an array of tapas in front of me but Majorca didn't dish up the goods, there was a distinct feeling of 'churning out' the usual, no love, no real heart (that's not to say Mallorca is like that everywhere, I just had no luck finding any!) and you definitely felt your purse was lighter afterwards with a distinct hint of remorse.

Then we discovered this place, carbon de palo, we had driven passed this place when going to the beach and my boyfriend was instantly taken by the big sign with the flames (it appealed to his masculine side). We decided it might be fun to try something different, I was getting sick of prawns and garlic in tasteless oil, I fancied a change.

And my God, what a surprise. This place hit all the spots. We were the first to arrive (bang on 7) and were greeted by a very attentive staff who offered us any seat in the house, we chose the back garden as it is very atmospheric and you can watch the chefs cooking up your food on the grill. We ordered some beers (mine came with lime I could squeeze in, appealed to my feminine side) and we ordered some grilled bread with salsa and the mixed meat platter for 2 with some expert and extremely helpful advise from the waiter (who we later discovered was from Wales).

We knew we were onto a winner when the bread arrived with this little pot of tomato based salsa. Fresh bread grilled on a BBQ, it just somewhere tastes better? Slightly charred and the right crunch and the salsa was delicious, we even ordered extra.

The meat platter came and I was in heaven, I have never had such tasty ribs and I am a ribs fanatic - I even had to ask what they cook it in. We later learnt that they import the meat from all over the world in order to achieve the best tasting meat. And boy could you tell, the chorizo was just right, not oily and a little gem was hiding in the middle of the wooden platter, a plantain patty with cheese, sweetcorn and pulled pork. Unusual but so tasty. There were yams instead of chips and a small jacket potato with beautifully fresh guacamole. Everything was lovingly made with passion and you could tell a lot of thought had gone into it.

We spoke to the owner and he just came across so passionate about the restaurant and the food he serves, he was honest, friendly and knowledgeable. He told us the kitchen staff were from all over South America so they all bring their individual tastes to the food, and you can tell.

I'm not one for writing reviews on trip advisor (let alone an epic one like this!) but this place is special, it set up behind the main strip behind all the touristy nonsense and was extremely good value. I recommend this place whole heartedly and wish the restaurant all the success it deserves.

The only negative I can think of is more salsa with the bread - but I think that may just be greed on my part...

Enjoy! x

1  Thank Loisshe
Reviewed September 7, 2012

In my opinion this is one of the best restaurants we have had a meal in for quite some time. The food, especially the steak, was absolutely fantastic and cooked exactly as you wished. The staff were so pleasant and so helpful. Compliments must be given to the chef as my husband's steak was ordered medium rare and my steak was ordered well done and both steaks arrived at the same time perfectly grilled. The staff were also very helpful when it came to the wine and drinks explaining everything to us.

Ralph who is the owner is very attentive to all his customers. He will explain anything you need to know about the menu i.e. the origin of the meat etc. We would without hesitation recommend this restaurant to all grilled meat lovers like us!!

We enjoyed the dining experience so much that we returned on many occasions and on our last visit before leaving we were offered complimentary champagne - a very nice touch.