“Okay for one night” 3 of 5 bubbles

FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Grayville
“Okay for one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stopped here for the night last night. First, the good - the room was clean, bed fairly comfortable, and it was the only place open in an area with only two motels in sight when we were traveling through late at night.

Now, for the less pleasant - we had a non smoking room, but the entire motel has the odor of stale smoke, including our room. The one container of shampoo was in a packet rather than a bottle. and scissors were required to open.

We got up this morning for breakfast hoping to fill up before getting back on the road. We shouldn't have bothered - the waffles tasted like the batter had gone bad, the milk had turned (likely because it was in a bucket of melted ice rather than the mini fridge next to it), the scrambled eggs were watery and tasted horrible, almost like they'd been reheated several times over the course of the week. The only thing that was slightly edible were stale mini bagels with cream cheese.

Overall, this is an okay place to stop for the night - provided you don't plan on using the shampoo and stay far away from the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagerSherry, Manager at FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I am so so sorry the eggs were not good. I discovered that on Monday when I checked the other batchs that the cooks had not cooked them all the way. I have corrected the problem and I assure you they are completely done like they should be. We had ran out of our usual good waffle mix and had repaced it for the weekend with store bought. We have more coming in tommorrow but that certainly did not help your breakfast experience. Did you try our fruit? It is always good and sometimes when I am not so busy I make homemade banana bread. We try hard to make the breakfast very appealing and filling but it does appear we dropped the ball last weekend. I do apologize again. Sherry Garcia, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

First off, this hotel isn't a resort. But, for a town of 1500 and a hotel just off the highway, there are a lot of amenities. The only thing that really bothered me was how dark the hotel seemed. The lighting all had low wattage bulbs, and during the day it felt like we were in a cave no matter what part of the hotel we were in. There are signs of age. Some of the seals in the windows are broken and there is starting to get mineral deposits between the panes of glass. The TVs are all the older tube style. There was some rust at the top of the window wells in the heated pool area. And all the light bulbs were the older incandescent style.

They also take phone reservations by hand in a book. Some of the people in our party were booked in smoking rooms, or arrived and had no room because they wrote the reservation down on the wrong night, etc. and the hotel was fully booked so they ended up staying elsewhere. We booked our room over a month in advance and received a phone call confirming our reservation two days before, but after asking other guests we might have been one the only ones that got the confirmation phone call.

I do think we got one of the newer renovated rooms. The beds were hard as rocks, so they must be pretty new. The bathroom looked recently remodeled.

With some renovations, better lighting, and the right advertising, this place could be a family vacation retreat. Its near some historical towns, has an arcade, very extensive hot breakfast, heated pool, etc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagerSherry, Manager at FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We are a great place to take the family for a short get away. We are in our first steps of our renovations and upgrades to the rooms. I hope the next time you visit us you are pleasantly suprised. Thank you also for bringing to our attention the darkness issue. We were trying to conserve energy and might have gone overboard. We have since turned up the lights and are changing out bulbs with the new flourescent ones. Would love to hear any suggestions for other attractions or activities you would like to see at our hotel. Thanks again for the review. Sherry Garcia, General Manager.
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed here one night passing thru to KY. Poor choice. The Lobby is very nice but deceiving for the rest of the place. The rooms stink, No elevator, needs painted. The gas station bathroom the next day was cleaner than this place. Sign is up that they are doing renovations....... Needs to be closed down.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ManagerSherry, General Manager at FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
I am sorry for your bad stay. We are presently starting our room renovations and I think you will be well pleased with the results. Stop in and check us out the next time you are passing through. Sherry Garcia, General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Grayville hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

To Start......The overall feel of this place was phenomenal. The bar/restaurant was very nice, good selection of food and beverages. The price for the stay was quite affordable. With me traveling a lot for my job and staying in numerous hotels I must say by far this is one of the better ones I have stayed in.

I loved the game room and the pool tables were in very good condition (nothing can be excellent unless they were just put there off of a truck so there was some wear and tear).

I would recommend this to friends and family of mine for anytime they are trying to travel through Illinois.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your nice comments. If you liked us this visit, you will love us next time. Our renovations are in progress and we are doing everything to make your stay fantastic. See you soon. Sherry Garcia, General Manager
Washington, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

We chose Fair Bridge Windsor Oaks in Grayville ,il because mainly ,the price and photos online,
well the photos did not look like the rooms we had,1.dirty carpet and bathroom floor,no extra toilet tissue,the facial tissue box was empty,the bathroom sink had cracks in it,the drain plug in.Also the wash basin drain was unhooked and filthy.Also all night people and children were running up and down the corridor outside our room yelling and whooping until 3:00 3:a.m.The hotel was nice looking from the outside,but the interior needed a facelift badly.Needlessly to say we left very early in the a.m.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am very sorrry we dropped the ball on a few things. I have addressed the issues with our housekeeping staff. You will also be pleased to know we are making those upgrades you suggested. I think you will find the results fantastic. Be safe in your travels. Sherry Garcia, General Manager
Rockaway, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

Where should we begin? With the lobby that was old and shabby and smelled of chlorinated mold? Or the "pool" that had an unidentified brown dirt all across the bottom? Or perhaps the carpet in our room that was worn through, the torn and worn floor mat for the old and moldy bathroom, the rusted hinges on the bathroom doors, the carpet that was damp under our feet, or, finally, the formica tub that had crevices that hadn't been cleaned in YEARS? My husband and I were on a family trip, and after being awoken during the night by drunk people yelling outside of our hotel room for the better part of an hour, we decided to move across the street to another motel. Although it was not a high end motel, it was clean and cared for and felt like the Hilton after the Windsor Oaks. I would recommend you avoid this hotel unless you have literally no other choice.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ManagerSherry, General Manager at FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
I am very sorry you felt compelled to write such terrible things about our hotel, especially 3 months after you stayed here. Our lobby is very nice and cozy and we get compliments every day on it. That is why I do question all of the the other compaints. I do believe you have stretched things just a bit. I am not going to say we are perfect. No hotel is. But to read what you have wrote certainly does not fit our hotel. Good luck in your travels. Sherry Garcia, General Manager.
Black Oak, AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I would highly recommend this place. Myself and a co-worker were working in a nearby town for a few weeks and after bouncing around trying motels we come across this place. We stayed here 3 weeks and neither of us had a single complaint the entire time. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Everyone here from the manager, the ladies in the restaurant, to the ladies serving breakfast were awesome. I just wish I would have got the chance to personally thank all of them.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jcouch34
ManagerSherry, General Manager at FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will pass them on to the entire staff and we hope to see you again, soon. Sherry Garcia, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayville
Super 8 Grayville
#1 of 2 in Fairfield
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 3 in Princeton

Been to FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks? Share your experiences!